Safe baskets for foraging boxes?

plunderbunny

Mar 22, 2022
Parrots
cockatiels - Ivy and Archie <3
Hi everyone, just wondering if the two baskets in the picture are safe to use for foraging boxes. If they are I will unpick the threads before using them. Thank you!
20220326_174341.jpg

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
to be more careful do you know what they are made from

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think they’d be fine. My concern would be the sewing around the top of the right hand basket. I would keep threads trimmed.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I would also suggest that you smell them to make sure they don't have a chemical smell. If they don't, and the baskets aren't waxed (I can't tell if the one on the right is or if it just the light) they should be safe. One of my Amazons loves baskets and we get them for him all the time. I bet that we look like idiots smelling them, but who cares if it's for the birds, right? :D

Most Reactions