safe or not beds

jenniferdiane

May 13, 2014
does any one know if these are safe rather than the cozzzy hut house from the bird house company

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
No, they will still encourage hormonal behavior and are just as unsafe. Don’t buy it.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
AND to add onto what foxie said it is still made out of fabric so it still have the chance to choke your bird or strangle them or just get stuck in there crop. Just don't do it an 11$ is not worth your beautiful bird dying over.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
its better but it still encourages breeding behavior and that will make for an aggressive bird. Birds don't need a "bed" just put a perch up high in there cage for a roosting spot they'll love it.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Parrot "huts" and similar rank among the highest causes of lethality from parrot accessories. Aside from hormone trigger, ingestion of threads proven to harm or worse. If you absolutely must provide, thorough daily or more frequent inspection necessary to detect chewing and potential ingestion.

Most Reactions

Latest posts