Scam Report

T Reichert

Oct 19, 2021
Parrots
cockatoo
I was planning to by a cockatoo bird from birdbreederstore.com. I wanted to pick up the bird from them instead of having it shipped. The person I talked to was Alissa Gonzalez she informed me I would have to pay $500.00 to make an appointment I asked if the money was refundable and was told ''100% refundable'' in case the bird and I weren't compatible. I wired the money using Zelle and have not heard from them even though I have emailed them 3 times. Don't use these people to buy a pet, there are a lot of good breeders out there, but this store is not one of them. You can go to scampulse.com and the BBB and read about other people who got scammed by this store.

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
I was planning to by a cockatoo bird from birdbreederstore.com. I wanted to pick up the bird from them instead of having it shipped. The person I talked to was Alissa Gonzalez she informed me I would have to pay $500.00 to make an appointment I asked if the money was refundable and was told ''100% refundable'' in case the bird and I weren't compatible. I wired the money using Zelle and have not heard from them even though I have emailed them 3 times. Don't use these people to buy a pet, there are a lot of good breeders out there, but this store is not one of them. You can go to scampulse.com and the BBB and read about other people who got scammed by this store.
I used petclassifieds.com to get my cockatoo.
I texted the guy for over a week until it was time to get Moxxie, sure enough the guy kept to his word and we met at the Marysville police department in Michigan.
The guy is a police officer who rescued Moxxie from a very poor home where they kept him in a 2x2 cage and constantly fed him junk food.
The police officer and his wife work 24/7 so they didn't have time for him anymore.
Ever since I got him Moxxie has just been the best pet I've ever owned.

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
I decided to look at the site myself. It's odd in the cockatoo section they say there's 40 different species of cockatoo then only say there's 21 different species.
And plus I feel like the black palm cockatoo ad is definitely a scam because I don't know why but I feel like it's really hard to obtain a black palm cockatoo. And especially for $2,000? They're more expensive than that.
I was lucky to get my cockatoo for only $600

Most Reactions