Screw it should I do it

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
no none other than parrakeets
Since I'm getting 2 macaws now that are both very beautiful and one is endangered and the other one vunerable. (Blue throated and military macaw) and since these birds are priceless to me and are rare. I thought I might as well just get them a fully stainless steel aviary from A&E for both of them but should I do it? The cage is 13,999.99 but I round it up to 14k but thats PER CAGE so should I do it or just get the wrought Iron cage with a powder coating I was originally gonna get them? Personally I might just get the wrought iron one since its only 799.99 and its the same size.

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Since I'm getting 2 macaws now that are both very beautiful and one is endangered and the other one vunerable. (Blue throated and military macaw) and since these birds are priceless to me and are rare. I thought I might as well just get them a fully stainless steel aviary from A&E for both of them but should I do it? The cage is 13,999.99 but I round it up to 14k but thats PER CAGE so should I do it or just get the wrought Iron cage with a powder coating I was originally gonna get them?
If you have an extra $14,000 to play with, go for it!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Since I'm getting 2 macaws now that are both very beautiful and one is endangered and the other one vunerable. (Blue throated and military macaw) and since these birds are priceless to me and are rare. I thought I might as well just get them a fully stainless steel aviary from A&E for both of them but should I do it? The cage is 13,999.99 but I round it up to 14k but thats PER CAGE so should I do it or just get the wrought Iron cage with a powder coating I was originally gonna get them? Personally I might just get the wrought iron one since its only 799.99 and its the same size.
I'm sorry but we're not in a position to make that decision or give good advice because only you know your financial situation. I think it's safe to say that most people can't afford a 14k stainless cage let alone 2 of them but if your well off then why not. May as well spend your money and be happy I say 😊

Worse case scenario is that your birds chew off the powder coating and get sick from it and maybe even die. I dont know much about macaws buy their beaks look like they can easily chip off paint or powder coat. You can combat that by putting plenty of stuff in the cage to keep them busy and pray they don't get a habit of chewing the cage.

An alternative is nickel plating but that is hard to find or do it yourself if your capable.

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
I'm sorry but we're not in a position to make that decision or give good advice because only you know your financial situation. I think it's safe to say that most people can't afford a 14k stainless cage let alone 2 of them but if your well off then why not. May as well spend your money and be happy I say 😊

Worse case scenario is that your birds chew off the powder coating and get sick from it and maybe even die. I dont know much about macaws buy their beaks look like they can easily chip off paint or powder coat. You can combat that by putting plenty of stuff in the cage to keep them busy and pray they don't get a habit of chewing the cage.

An alternative is nickel plating but that is hard to find or do it yourself if your capable.
alright thank you

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
In bio "no one other than parakeets"

A macaw could eat a budgie (parakeet) as a breakfast sandwich. If you go this route keep them apart by rooms.

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
In bio "no one other than parakeets"

A macaw could eat a budgie (parakeet) as a breakfast sandwich. If you go this route keep them apart by rooms.
I have the parakeets in my room and my macaws will be in my living room I will also try to bond them after the macaw is trained

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have the parakeets in my room and my macaws will be in my living room I will also try to bond them after the macaw is trained
Not sure you can train a macaw to "play nice" with a little budgie but a fully flighted budgie would probably be smart enough and fast enough to keep their distance. Budgies can have big, bold personalities but they aren't stupid!

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
attempting to "bond" a parakeet to a macaw is just asking for trouble. don't bother trying to bond them, one of your keets will get hurt

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Even if they get along.....all it takes is ONE instance of food agression or shoulder priority and ......... Even my conures will fight over food sometimes even if theres enough to fill them up ten times over and they grew up together, sleep together and preen eachother constantly......they ARE little dinosaurs at times.

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Even if they get along.....all it takes is ONE instance of food agression or shoulder priority and ......... Even my conures will fight over food sometimes even if theres enough to fill them up ten times over and they grew up together, sleep together and preen eachother constantly......they ARE little dinosaurs at times.
yup

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
attempting to "bond" a parakeet to a macaw is just asking for trouble. don't bother trying to bond them, one of your keets will get hurt
not gonna bond them gonna keep them seperated unless I have a profestional helps

Most Reactions

Latest posts