Seed or crumbled nutriberry?

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm never on. I'm so busy with school! Pumpkin and Butternut are both fine. I found the cutest little baby budgie at petco and I caved and got him. So that makes three fids. I have reached my limit.

My question is, is it okay to crumble nutriberries and replace his seeds with them? I know they have added nutrients and right now he's on an all seed diet and refusing mash and refusing pellets. He's a baby so I want to convert him asap. What do you experts think? :)

whitewing607

Feb 22, 2016
My birds all love nutri berries and my one cockatiel eats nothing but nutiberries and Zupreem lately and she is looking stronger. I had forgotten all about nutiberries until recently.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations, Ann! I can't wait to see photos of your newest addition, and you must tell us what you've named him.

You can crumble the nutri-berries over his seed but he may do better with the avi-cakes made especially for budgies, it's a good way to transition to a better diet. My budgies have surprised me, I feed them smaller portions of whatever fresh foods my bigger birds are having, I shred their chop for them. It took a while but they eat a big variety of fresh foods now. They like roudybush, California blend small pellets and they will eat golden obles crumbles. Some may disagree, but all my birds have some seed in their diets, especially the smaller birds.

Most Reactions