Seeds to pellets conversion

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Hi. My lovebird eat versele laga prestige (since I bought her 6 monhts ago), but now I decided to buy Tropican Lifetime Formula. She like tropican pellets and eat a lot. Can I remove completely seeds (versele laga prestige) and give to her only pellets or have to do it slowly? For now I give to her - one day pellets, one day seeds etc.
Sorry for spam...I created too many threads, but want to be sure.

She like to eat grape, apple. I give her 1-2 times per week. Vegies - zero interest.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
So you want to switch to pellets or vegg?
Switching to pellets still should be a slow process maybe half pellet half seed and less and less seeds daily
For veggies there are multiple ways
1) cover the veggies in seeds

2)chop them into very small and thin slices

3) make chop and sprinkle some seeds and pellets over it to make her interested

4) hang veggies as “toys” she will bite them and mess around with them a bit till she realises its food

5) offer it to her when she is hungry
Not starving DONT remove the food bowl just take her out of the cage for 30 mins and give her a couple of seeds here and there to not get her to starve
Then offer thinly chopped veggies

6) eat it in front of her and make yummy sounds and prentend she isnt allowed to have it like let her bite it and nibble it a bit then take it away “gently ”
We all know how much parrots like to break the rules!

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Switching to pellets still should be a slow process maybe half pellet half seed and less and less seeds daily
If I combine seeds and pellets, she eats only seeds. This is the problem.

I eat in front of her. Otherwise she wouldn't touch anything. Now she eat almost everything lol. Curious little devil

Most Reactions

Latest posts