Severe Head Trauma - what would you do?

e483116

Oct 16, 2021
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek- Penelope
Pineapple Green Cheek - Henry
Wishing your bird a swift and full recovery. You are welcome to create a unique thread, or a moderator can move your post and create one for you. Please reach out to any of us in purple if helpful.
Scott, thank you much! Apologies for the oversight in protocols, I just signed up for access yesterday.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I'm so sorry to hear about your conure. I hope things are going well at home. You'll have to update this thread when you get a chance to let us all know how things are going.

e483116

Oct 16, 2021
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek- Penelope
Pineapple Green Cheek - Henry
I'm so sorry to hear about your conure. I hope things are going well at home. You'll have to update this thread when you get a chance to let us all know how things are going.
It was horrible, his head got caught in a closing door and you can just imagine how bad that was. On Friday when we rushed him to the vet, his body was limped and his head was so swollen he couldnt open his eyes. The vet gave us the option to "be humane " but I just couldnt do it. Today, he has been able to open both his eyes and is moving around. He has actualled tried to fly, much to our dismay so we had to put him in a much smaller cage. Still a looong way to go as he goes in and out but we are much much more optimistic. :)

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
It was horrible, his head got caught in a closing door and you can just imagine how bad that was. On Friday when we rushed him to the vet, his body was limped and his head was so swollen he couldnt open his eyes. The vet gave us the option to "be humane " but I just couldnt do it. Today, he has been able to open both his eyes and is moving around. He has actualled tried to fly, much to our dismay so we had to put him in a much smaller cage. Still a looong way to go as he goes in and out but we are much much more optimistic.
I am glad to hear that things are looking up, and that you gave him the chance to recover. That would never be an easy decision to make.

Most Reactions

Latest posts