She escaped her cage today😳😂 A warning to be extra careful.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
So, I was just lying on my bed, wasting time on my phone, when suddenly, I hear a bird fly. I assume it's one of the budgies flying in the flight cage. A few minutes pass, and I hear a bird fly again. I look to my right, and see Sunny in my bathroom! She escaped her cage!! I immediately ran and grabbed her, since the windows are open and the fan is on, two major risks. I previously saw her attempt to escape, but I assumed she wasn't stong enough to lift up the cage door. But she was.

So if you see your bird even thinking about escaping its cage, PUT CLIPS ON THE DOORS! Better be safe than sorry.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Pipp, I'm so glad you found her so quickly! Great warning for us all.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am glad you did not lose your bird. I lost my nicest budgie out the window when my little brother wanted to play with him.

Willow can’t get his door open but Jaspers cage door has a lock on it (he is strong enough to open it). If I hear Willow screeching in a certain way I know Jasper is having an adventure. But we have no open windows or fans as it is really winter now. I got my gloves and puffy coat out and soon I will need my long parka and boots if I want to go anywhere.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts