Shelter Christmas Pictures

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So the shelter does a Secret Santa in December for the adoptable and sanctuary birds at the shelter. In the past Jeanne didn't really have the time to set up christmas decorations and take new pics. We volunteered to help this year and I just had to share some of these photos. We only did about 40 birds at most so far.

So here is a sneak preview of the pics so far!

The Lovely Nina

Ivan

Mali

Ethel

Boo Boo - Her feet are bent backwards so she basically has no feet that is why she is sitting funny in the basket

Paco

Charlie and I forgot the other ones name...hey there are a lot of birds to remember!

Millie - Came out of quarantine literally that day!

Coco

And the gorgeous Mr Rosey

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Fantastic props and pictures, Victoria! Very effective way to find homes for these wonderful characters.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Y'all did an amazing job on the pictures! All I can say is I am so glad I am far away because I fell in love with several of those babies pictured:)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
They are cute right especially the picture of Ethel:D It is hard not to want to take home a bunch of them to keep...if Nina suddenly disappears from the shelter it wasn't me:54:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yep, Ethel and BooBoo were the ones I was drawn to. If Nina disappears, this will be our secret:)
We are babysitting a U2 for friends right now who is a self mutilator, and man, is she a sweetheart.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
All beauties! I think miss Ethel needs a scarf:D I hope all these babies find a home for Christmas! Such a wonderful feeling to give an animal a forever home, especially at the holidays:) And with these photos, I mean, who could resist??? Everyone did such a good job posing in a most adorable, adoptable way! That Rosie better not stay there much longer or I'm going to take him home lol!

Hard to believe that time of year is coming up again:52:. Where did this year go?! Kiwi's adoption day is also coming up! He was a Christmas bird (Rescued Dec. 14, 2008). Best gift I ever got:green:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Booboo is a pretty girl but don't let the disability fool you! You would think she would be nicer knowing that she can't move fast or anything...nope she uses our worry to drop her to her advantage. She knows you won't just drop her and you are trying to balance her....so once she's on you she bites your hand and then you have to maneuver her around without dropping her to stop her... You can't dislike her though she's a smart one:D Luckily she's not big on drawing blood I think she just finds our juggling of her funny:rolleyes:

Oh she would probably wear a scarf too:D Ethel is very easy going. I can't believe a year has almost gone by either. Feburary is when I took Folger home and Loki was my christmas present. I've almost had both of them a year now:eek:

You know vacationing on the East coast in Fall is very beautiful:54:

LilChodi954

Jun 27, 2014
South & Central Florida
Parrots
Lil Chodi - 12 year old Male DYH Amazon
Gizmo - 19 year old Male DYH Amazon
Sasha - 9 year old CAG
Victoria, we're interested in adopting Mr. Rosey - sent you a PM.
Eddie and Zaila

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Super cute! Compared to the others posing, Mali looks freaked out like a typical Poi haha.

Most Reactions

Latest posts