shout out to Apollo

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I feel like I only really ever post pictures of Lincoln or Aster I rarely talk about Apollo but like, don't tell the birds this but she's my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love all my birds in varying ways and would never give them up but... she's my favorite. She's quiet and even when she is "loud" it's a pleasant chirping noise. She's easy to handle, she steps up really well and let's me "grab" her if I need to for whatever reason. She doesn't bite!!! Even if she's mad at me and wants me to stop doing something most she does it peck at me. She communicates very well on what she does and doesn't like and it's never a question on what she might do. (Lincoln likes to sporadically bite me, I have trust issues now :c ... joking) She's not that messy. I mean she's still messy especially when she's molting but unlike Aster and Lincoln she doesn't fling food literally everywhere. And she's really hecking cute.

If I ever get another bird, which I don't think I will while the current bunch are alive, I'm pretty happy with three, I think it would be another cockatiel. They're just fantastic birds and so easy to work with. Would definitely recommend them to first timers too.

I love you Apollo
20200203_191817.jpg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Beautiful lady. Wonderful update.
Now the mamma in me, what are the wounds over eye and the little one in front??
it's an old photo so its healed up now but she got spooked and flew into the ceiling

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So glad all healed @
She is a lovely girl. I've loved her since her first pictures!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts