Sick on journey

Littlechris123

Aug 18, 2021
Media
Worksop nottinghamshire
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Morning guys n dolls .
We took matya away in our caravan for 3 days dont get me wrong she was really good goes in her carrier without any fuss which i got her use to it way before journey . The travelling was only 2 hours after about half hour into travelling heads bibbing up n down and out came sick it scared me cud she get travel sick i talked to her to settle her down once arrived she adapted quite well eating playing . On the journey home head bobbing up n down wings flapping and wasnt sick at all i think she was excited she was even eating on way home whilst away i took her everywhere with me in her carrier she was so calm everyone loved her she has settled back in her cage lovely now when i get ready to go out she goes mental wanting to come with me but its turning very cold and dont want herto be cold or get poorly plus i love taking her with me any suggestions on keeping her warm in her carrier . Sorry for the long post .

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Automobile temperature is always a problem with the combination of large glass areas, heating /cooling system, which targets specific areas and days with bright Sunshine. Your Parrot being too hot or too cool can be an on-going problem. A carrier cover can help, but being careful on where you locate the carrier can be a get help.

Understanding that Parrots are by design flyers and are sensitive to very tiny variations in movement. When hidden away in the auto, without visual context for the movement can result in the onset of motion sickness. Placing the carrier high enough for them to see out of the Auto helps greatly.

Cheers!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Agree 100% 'Boats - they do better when they can see outside while in a car. THe only time I have problems is a night, when the headlights and streetlights go flashing by. That greatly upsets Salty ( no wonder - to him they are just disembodied lights moving around). I either cover him or put a courtesy light on.

OP
L

Littlechris123

Aug 18, 2021
Media
Worksop nottinghamshire
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Automobile temperature is always a problem with the combination of large glass areas, heating /cooling system, which targets specific areas and days with bright Sunshine. Your Parrot being too hot or too cool can be an on-going problem. A carrier cover can help, but being careful on where you locate the carrier can be a get help.

Understanding that Parrots are by design flyers and are sensitive to very tiny variations in movement. When hidden away in the auto, without visual context for the movement can result in the onset of motion sickness. Placing the carrier high enough for them to see out of the Auto helps greatly.

Cheers!
Ty for reply .

Most Reactions