Skippah went visiting

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Who found who?
MoreSkippah.jpg

Skippah is checking out the temporary budgie cage. So much for the quarantine.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Nice pictures Red!:D

Skippah went checking on the new arrival....:D thinking: ''what is this? a bird? that small?OMG!'':18::18::18:

If Phoebus had done this to my smaller ones they would end up dead of fear..they think of her as a predator I believe...:D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Was Gilligan in the cage at the time, what did he think of his bigger new friend? :D They are great pics.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Poor Gilligan probably had the poop scared outta him ... This big white flurry birdy coming down on his cage like that ... :eek:

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Actually, Gilligan was on the floor of the cage eating. He got very excited and climbed up the inside of the cage to meet him, but Skippah had already flown back to his perch. Little Gilligan did his peeved chirping, I think to get Skippah to come back, or pretending he scared him off the cage. Like the little yappy dog that only barks at you after you have left the yard.

Playing with my old cam and trying to use it without the flash to get some better pix. So far I get about 2 pix worth keeping for every 20 I take.
If you look atthe bottom of this pic, you can see a small blue dot,...Thats Gilligan.
IMG_8778.jpg

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Great pictures. Can't wait to see some of Gilligan. :D He sounds like a brave little guy wanting to go see Skippah!!!

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
LOL! Great pics!

You're right - so much for the Quarantine! Knowing the fids, they're going to drive you nuts until it's over.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Holy moly!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I shoud say Gilligan probably pooped his britches! I would have iffen a Skippah came to meet me unexpectedly like that!

Skippah is beautiful...we need close-ups of Gilligan! Get on it Red!!! :cool:

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Ask and Ye shall receive.
I took a punt and assumed that if Gilligan is straight out of the nest and hand reared, he shouldn't really have any fear of anything (except the cat, I think that's in built) So I opened up Gilligans cage and let him do his own thing. The pix are below.
IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
:eek: ... awesome pics Red ... but, PLEASE be careful.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
This make me nervous as well, but I trust Red to monitor these interactions ... I really home that Skippah doesn't get too upset with Gilligan ...

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
they don't seem to be fussed by each other, but I am not yet taking anything for granted.
IMG_8798-1.jpg

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Gilligan is now stealing from Skippahs water bowl, so The little one is not too fussed. When Skippah get on Gilligans cage, the little fellah nibbles on Skippahs toes through the bars. When Skippah goes back to his perch, the little one comes out and walks over to join Skippah on his perch. I am not going to leave them alone, and I would be much happier if Gilligans wing were not clipped so he could retreat faster if he wanted to.
IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Quick update; Gilligan is chirping at Skippah like crazy, but Skippah is ignoring him. Maybe they don't speak the same language? Gilligan is making more of an effort to be buddies. Skippah is being a bit stand offish unless Gilligan goes back into his own cage, then he flies over and sits on top of it, till the little one comes out. no physical contact yet when they are both outside the cage. The little one keeps making overtures, but Skippah is playing it cool so far. If Gilligan chases Skippah off his own perch I will relax more.
IMG_8799.jpg

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
I'm sorry Red, but I must say that this situation seems quite precarious to me. You must be ready to instantly take action if Skippah decides to go after Gilligan. This makes me very nervous. Sorry, I couldn't stand back and say nothing.

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Don't worry, I am less than a foot away from them. Gilligan is going in and out of his cage and keeps moving back onto Skippahs perch and tweeting away. Skippah is sleeping. The little one has no reason to be scared yet, as Skippah hasn't yet made any negative overtures. Skippah doesn't try to get near him unless he goes into his cage. Gilligan is doing all the work, but both seem ok at this stage. Time will tell.
IMG_8788.jpg

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
So much for the normal 30-day quarantine ... hope Gilligan is healthy!

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Dunno why, but Skippah has now decided to eat his fruit loops (advance bird formula, rainbow fruit mix) Its the closest thing I could find to Zootopia. I crushed one for little Gilligan and he liked it, So now Skippah is hoeing into them and letting the crumbs fall to Gilligan underneath. Skippah also seems to be scabbing the budgie mix. Is that ok for him? He seems to like it, or maybe just coz the little one has it, he wants it too?
The 30 hour quarantine went really well.

30 days you say?

I am now putting Gilligan out in the sun for a while coz I cant sit here watching them all day (although I would like to).

Most Reactions

Latest posts