Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Shower day for Tucker. He LOVES his showers, but some days more than others. Today was one of those days, and I have nasty scratches on my neck and shoulder from him jumping off the shower perch to get on me and in the spray. He kinda missed since flight in the confined space of the shower and soaked wings don't work as well as he hoped. I caught him on the way down, but those toenails are sharp. 🙄

Standard routine... after we're done, he hangs out on the shower perch in the steamy bathroom while I go get dressed, and we contact call to each other across the house. Anyway, I was curious to see his reaction to the shirt my son found me for Christmas. It's one of the best gifts I've ever received!

To be honest, he acted like he was jealous, and needed to snuggle up to my face to lay claim on what is obviously his... Me. Yup, he's a daddy's boy ❤️
20230131_114030.jpg

ifnlovebirds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Parrots
Eclectus, conure, and cockatiel
Shower day for Tucker. He LOVES his showers, but some days more than others. Today was one of those days, and I have nasty scratches on my neck and shoulder from him jumping off the shower perch to get on me and in the spray. He kinda missed since flight in the confined space of the shower and soaked wings don't work as well as he hoped. I caught him on the way down, but those toenails are sharp. 🙄

Standard routine... after we're done, he hangs out on the shower perch in the steamy bathroom while I go get dressed, and we contact call to each other across the house. Anyway, I was curious to see his reaction to the shirt my son found me for Christmas. It's one of the best gifts I've ever received!

To be honest, he acted like he was jealous, and needed to snuggle up to my face to lay claim on what is obviously his... Me. Yup, he's a daddy's boy ❤️
View attachment 47257
where did you son find that shirt.... i need it please

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I wanna know where he found the shirt too! I wonder if our local Parrot expo could hire the designer to make a shirt for them; that’s really clever.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Tucker looks so good next to that amazing shirt, and you look pretty good yourself wearing it, Lil Bro:)

Tucker is definitely staking his claim, and probably trying to figure out which part of the shirt to destroy first.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, Tucker has been pretty good about it, and thank goodness he's not super determined to chew up my shirts. Sweatshirts/hoodies... that's another thing! 🤣

For folks that are wondering, the shirt came from Amazon, just a search like "t shirt with eclectus parrot" brings up a bunch of cool ones. Similar search for other species finds some great ones as well. Funny though, a search for "African grey shirt" or something like that finds lots of African style shirts that are grey. 🙄🤣

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Haha, Tucker has been pretty good about it, and thank goodness he's not super determined to chew up my shirts. Sweatshirts/hoodies... that's another thing! 🤣

For folks that are wondering, the shirt came from Amazon, just a search like "t shirt with eclectus parrot" brings up a bunch of cool ones. Similar search for other species finds some great ones as well. Funny though, a search for "African grey shirt" or something like that finds lots of African style shirts that are grey. 🙄🤣

Jon, my wife and I each have that same shirt! It's a great design.

Your post echos my experience with Toby. He runs in and out of the water across my shoulders and back of my neck. He's decided not to get on his shower perch anymore and just use me as his perch. Love hurts sometimes, especially when the claws haven't been trimmed!

Most Reactions

Latest posts