Somebody please help baby cockatiel

Arialaz

Mar 22, 2021
Hi so Iā€™ve owned cockatiels before and this is the first time Iā€™m owning such a young one only 15 days old, I know how to hand feed him but Iā€™m so terrified that I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing and I have no idea how to keep him warm, I put rice in a sock and heated it up and put it near him but Iā€™m still panicking and Iā€™m not sure what to do or what I should do, Iā€™m scared heā€™s going to pass away since Iā€™m new to this!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hello Arialaz, welcome to the Forums!

We do have a number of active bird breeders among our membership so hopefully one of them will spot your thread soon and will be able to help you out. I'm not sure where in the world you are, but the following link may help you locate an avian vet if you don't already know of one.....

https://www.aav.org/

Some others of our membership will hopefully weigh in with some more practical information for you shortly. Thank you for reaching out for help and i wish you and your baby all the very best!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Assuming the seller is no longer involved, are there local breeders willing to assist until closer to weanng?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Iā€™m just seeing this now; is the baby still alive? Weā€™re you able to follow the suggestions above? Please let us know and Iā€™m happy to help in any way I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts