Stainless steel Arkansas 2 cage

Harold35

Aug 2, 2020
Uk
Parrots
Macaw
Amazon
Hello.
I still need to get Harold into a stainless steel cage asap and its proving difficult. Not even Kings are making them anymore ! Ive found a company in Germany that stock the Montana II Arkansas big cage. They told me the grade of the stainless steel is AISI 201. Im just confused though as i dont know if its a safe grade of SS for our birds. I cannot find any type of contact info for Montana neither.
Today its Harolds 16th Hatchday !!
Id appreciate any advice.
Thank you.
Joanna.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Stainless Steel Cages are almost unheard of theses days with Prices of everything raising rapidly. FYI: Some 95% of Parrot Cages are built by just three China Based Manufactures who private label for near all those who state they build their own cages, i.e. King Cages as an example.

We have long purchased from birdcages4less.com as they are the selling arm of one of those Manufactures. Check their Web Site. I remember that at one time they build Stainless Steel Cages.

Stainless Steel Grades are very different from Country to Country. What you are looking for is Medical or Professional Kitchen quality Stainless Steel.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great advice from Sailboat:)

I have nothing to add except Happy 16th Hatchday Harold!!!!

OP
Harold35

Harold35

Aug 2, 2020
Uk
Parrots
Macaw
Amazon
Stainless Steel Cages are almost unheard of theses days with Prices of everything raising rapidly. FYI: Some 95% of Parrot Cages are built by just three China Based Manufactures who private label for near all those who state they build their own cages, i.e. King Cages as an example.

We have long purchased from birdcages4less.com as they are the selling arm of one of those Manufactures. Check their Web Site. I remember that at one time they build Stainless Steel Cages.

Stainless Steel Grades are very different from Country to Country. What you are looking for is Medical or Professional Kitchen quality Stainless Steel.
Thank you VERY much.

Hawaii

May 23, 2022
Parrots
One Hahn’s Macaw.
Hi, I took few months to find the right stainless steel bedroom (hate to address it as cage I always let my feathered baby Hawaii (Hahn’s macaw) free in the house and he only goes in there to sleep during nights). No one clearly mentions the grades but I ended up purchasing the “

Prevue Pet Products Large Stainless Steel Play Top Bird Cage, Rust Resistant Metal Cage for Birds with Rooftop Ladder and Playtop” on Amazon.com. Though not many reviews, I learnt the brand is very good so I went for it. Been 5month I bought this and so far so good (bought L size during a deal for $945 during Christmas week). I am only not satisfied with the steel playtop as the steel ladder and steel horizontal bar are very discomfortable to my feathered baby and I’m sure would be for any bird but I replaced them with rope wooden ladder and a tree branch in horizontal position instead and we are good. Below is the link.​

Most Reactions