Stammering

JFields

Nov 19, 2021
Knoxville TN
Parrots
Severe Macaw
I know I've talked with a couple people on here about my Severe Macaw Henry. And we even questioned if he was really a he. Well he's feeling all lovey-dovey right now and turned his butt up to me then grabbed ahold of my hands and had his feathers puffed out as big as he could get them and was just stammering all over my hands and would not get off and just wanted to coup and carry on. Is he going to lay an egg?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wellllllll, still entirely possible Henry is Henry. Not at all uncommon for males to try to get their jollies on human's hands, knuckles, shoulders, whatever presents the opportunity. I had a BFA (male) that loved to try to have his way with my wife's hair. If we didn't catch him quickly, he'd latch on to the hair and squirm, rub, and make all kinds of special noises. We always joked about it, what else can you do? But my poor wife was left feeling kinda violated. :(

Sometimes it's difficult to stop it, but do your best to discourage the behavior. You're his person, not his mate. Avoid things that lead to hormonal behavior like petting anywhere besides head and neck. Anywhere else is perceived as sexual to them, and is very frustrating. That frustration might then lead to aggression since you then can't satisfy that "itch."

OP
JFields

JFields

Nov 19, 2021
Knoxville TN
Parrots
Severe Macaw
Wellllllll, still entirely possible Henry is Henry. Not at all uncommon for males to try to get their jollies on human's hands, knuckles, shoulders, whatever presents the opportunity. I had a BFA (male) that loved to try to have his way with my wife's hair. If we didn't catch him quickly, he'd latch on to the hair and squirm, rub, and make all kinds of special noises. We always joked about it, what else can you do? But my poor wife was left feeling kinda violated. :(

Sometimes it's difficult to stop it, but do your best to discourage the behavior. You're his person, not his mate. Avoid things that lead to hormonal behavior like petting anywhere besides head and neck. Anywhere else is perceived as sexual to them, and is very frustrating. That frustration might then lead to aggression since you then can't satisfy that "itch."
Apparently his head and neck are turn-ons too!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Just get your Parrot a DNA test! It is simple!
FYI: Knowing allows you to know that you may want to adjust your Parrot's diet slightly!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My male yellow nape is frequently trying to shove his butt in my face.
Mostly I just dodge.
It’s when he starts regurgitating and dribbling food on me I have to put my foot down and take him to his cage to cool off.

Most Reactions