Stopping Night Frights in a CAG?

mygreyparrot

Dec 26, 2006
My CAG is having night frights. It's really scary! Any tips on stopping night frights? Right now her cage is covered completely at night. I read a few places that a nightlight is recommended. I also have a wire crate I use to take her places - Should she be in that at night instead of her big parrot cage? I'm afraid she is going to get really hurt.:(

Edited because I forgot to say that I have a big soft blanket underneath the newspaper in her cage. I did that to soften any fall.

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Have you tried uncovering her cage, does she still have the night frights? I would get her a night light if you can, to see how that works. Yes I would keep her in a small cage at night time just to stop any injury that may occur in a larger cage. The smaller the better, but where she can still perch and walk around. A great idea to put the blanket in her cage.

Do you have any other pets (dogs cats etc) that may be walking round when everyone else is in bed. This may sound really strange and I only ask because my tiel started having these, and it seems it was the dog that was starting them off. We kept the dog away from the cage and the frights stopped. The dogs were already here when we got the tiels and it didn't happen straight away, think it was something like 2 years after the tiels came here.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
well what i do with my teils is just put a nightlight on and when they do have nighfrights which isnt very often anymore at all i just talk to them softly.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Meghan how are the night fright going. Is she still having them?

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
My tiels are fine now, i have 2 dogs that sleep in the same room and they are ok with it... most of the time i think. what i find what helps is since i leave the radio on allday until they goto bed even when im home, is i turn off the radio and athen 5 minutes later once they co,b down a little then i cover the cage and they are usually fine with it. Its when i just turn off the radio athen cover the cage right away... i know its kinda weird but it works with my tiels lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts