hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
I lost Stormy yesterday. He became unresponsive in the afternoon, and as he seemed to be struggling to breathe we took off to the vet with the expectation that they would recommend euthanasia, but he passed on the way there. I still wonder if I had done something differently, could he have lived to be 30? But he did live a long life, and I hope he enjoyed the portion of it he spent with me.

He wasn't very friendly, so we don't have an abundance of pictures of him, which makes me feel awful. I loved him, even if he was a grumpy old man with a mean bite. It'll take me a while to hunt down a picture of him to add to my memorial wall.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I lost Stormy yesterday. He became unresponsive in the afternoon, and as he seemed to be struggling to breathe we took off to the vet with the expectation that they would recommend euthanasia, but he passed on the way there. I still wonder if I had done something differently, could he have lived to be 30? But he did live a long life, and I hope he enjoyed the portion of it he spent with me.

He wasn't very friendly, so we don't have an abundance of pictures of him, which makes me feel awful. I loved him, even if he was a grumpy old man with a mean bite. It'll take me a while to hunt down a picture of him to add to my memorial wall.
I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences for you. Try not to blame yourself, you did all you could to help this old man.

Rest in peace Stormy :(

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
Sorry for your loss. No one ever really dies who is remembered with love. May the love you shared with Stormy be your comfort now. I know it hurts thinking that you didn’t do enough, but you did more than enough. You gave him all the love and they care. We all sometimes feel that what we gave was never the best, but in fact it was the best because it was always sincere and within our abilities. I’m sure Stormy lived the happiest life with you .
Rest In Peace Stormy 🤍

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am so sorry for your loss.
it’s never easy even when they have lived a long life.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry for your loss of Stormy. I think we all wonder when we lose a beloved bird whether we did enough, I believe that's natural.
You did do all you could for him, and I'm so glad he was with you where he was so loved.
Fly free, Stormy, you will be missed.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Such Sad News! **Huge Hugs from Central Canada** I'm sure he knew he was loved, even though he acted like a Grumpy old Fart, LOL

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I’m sorry for your loss. Doubtless he loved you even if he was an old grump. Makes me think of my granddad…

I was so sad when my Lucy passed, but looking back I know she wasn’t feeling well at all her last few years. I miss her but I hope she’s at peace.

Bodies do wear out; but even when it’s time, it is very sad. ((Hugs)) to you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts