Strange behavior.. is she nesting?

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus- Bibi
Hi everyone,
My 11 y/o eclectus, Bibi, has been acting really weird the past couple of weeks, and I’m not sure if she’s nesting? I bonded a lot more with her recently after I noticed she really liked being petted on her back (which I’ve now learned you shouldn’t do!), but soon after she became super obsessed with following me around everywhere, wanting to be right there and cuddling up wherever I went. Normally she’s pretty independent.
She has also been hanging out under the sofa a lot and in quiet corners whereby it’s hard to get her out; she hasn’t been interested in her favorite foods and rubs her beak on my hand a lot, or on the ground while I’m petting her. She hasn’t laid any eggs anywhere but she just acts really sad and lethargic lately and makes more clucky sounds than usual, plus holds her beak open permanently.
I took her to the vet yesterday to make sure her change in behavior is nothing serious, and other than needing to lose a few pounds, she said she seemed healthy. Any ideas what’s going on? Or how to encourage her back to normal?
Thanks for reading!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
def nesting. restrict access to dark corners and under the couch.

OP
Dan&Rozie

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus- Bibi
def nesting. restrict access to dark corners and under the couch.
She just laid an egg for the first time ever- What should I do now? It’s def not fertile so should I remove it or give her time to lay on it?

Most Reactions

Latest posts