Strong opinions of a BFA

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
Wrench, yeah, I love it and so does Fidget apparently!

We are working on a harness but we arent there yet, so until then, we use the pak-o-bird. I always laugh at the comments I get when we are out.

Chris, hehe... thats funny. Fidget hasnt embarrassed me, yet. But I'm sure he will, hes still young!

People were always befuddled at my talking duffel bags. XD I'd pretend nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
I love PoB...my fids are indifferent but at least it gets them some fresh air.

I know Angie, the propietor of Celltei that makes PoB. I happen to work next door to her. She is a very smart and kind person.

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
Kiwi is also fussy about coming out of his pak-o-bird too. He practically falls over himself to get in, but it typically requires the stick to get him back out. He really loves car rides and being out and about. When Kiwi is tired, he definitely lets you know. If he's not near his cage he'll call out until he's put up, if he is in his cage area, he'll march inside and close the door behind him and make a noise to alert you it's time for the night covers:p

Oh my goodness! That is TOO CUTE!!! :p:p:p

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I love PoB...my fids are indifferent but at least it gets them some fresh air.

I know Angie, the propietor of Celltei that makes PoB. I happen to work next door to her. She is a very smart and kind person.

Let her know many birds and their owners truly appreciate her innovative designs that allow birds to go out and about safely!:)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
BTW, is Fidget a very young BFA? I can't remember. Just noticing his eyes don't quite have adult coloration (or maybe it's just the lighting).

OP
S

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
BTW, is Fidget a very young BFA? I can't remember. Just noticing his eyes don't quite have adult coloration (or maybe it's just the lighting).

Yes, hes young. He will be 2 in August.

Ladyhawk, I love the POB! Its safe, sturdy and very secure. Fidget loves it! I just ordered a water bottle so he can keep some water that wont spill everytime I move!

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots

Yes, hes young. He will be 2 in August.

Ladyhawk, I love the POB! Its safe, sturdy and very secure. Fidget loves it! I just ordered a water bottle so he can keep some water that wont spill everytime I move!

I told my mother I wanted to create a backpack with a screen on it so my bird could look out during walks or trips away from home. Then I Googled to see if such a thing already existed. The Internet has humbled me by making me realize there are very few original ideas. The Pak-o-Bird is much, much better than anything I could construct. I'm a little taken aback by the cost, but if it's built as sturdily as it looks, it would be worth it. I could take my bird everywhere without worrying about attacks by unleashed dogs and uneducated humans poking at her. It almost seems like a necessity at this point.

Now, I have to make my little one (Azula, Kizzy, Jade???) realize that car trips are nothing to be afraid of. At this point I think she's an HSP (highly sensitive parrot). Check it out. It's a thing. And it's not restricted to people. Hopefully, she'll gain more confidence as I very carefully ask her to stretch her acceptance of new things. She's still very young, but I used to ask my greys to accept new things at this age.

I think part of my wonderful baby's "problem" is she's an only chick and doesn't have siblings to comfort her. I must do all the comforting and it isn't always possible. On the other hand, she's just as cuddly as any African grey or Senegal I ever raised and loves to climb up on my chest and just be held and get a head rub. I should enjoy this stage while it lasts. It's very fulfilling. I really enjoy these cuddle sessions. They mean a lot after the nightmare of losing my Gabby bird.

It's probably too early to tell, but I don't think she's going to be the ham Gabby was. He loved to perform for audiences. I know some animal rights activists are against performing exotic animals, but Gabby absolutely loved it. If he wasn't in the mood, I certainly couldn't make him perform, but the double pleasure of his favorite treats and applauding people was more than enough incentive. When it was time to do tricks, he would become animated and happy. RIP, Gabby. You were a very good bird and I miss you.

And little baby, just be who you are. :green:

Most Reactions