Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Ikr, parakeet is just a term for a birb with a long tail, not a specific birb 😒
correction: parakeet is a term for a small or medium parrot with a long tail;)
But - This is a basic rule and there are a lot of exceptions such as barred parakeets (they have short tails but still called as parakeets)

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
The most annoying one I was asked, and it still irks me was when I got asked does it talk and when I said that no, Albie isnt a species known for talking, and if he does it'll be a pleasent suprise th guy then asks me "why did you get a parrot that can't talk?"

Well( besides it being my bird my choice and none if your business) conures are cute cuddly funny birds and that's what drew me to them

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
The most annoying one I was asked, and it still irks me was when I got asked does it talk and when I said that no, Albie isnt a species known for talking, and if he does it'll be a pleasent suprise th guy then asks me "why did you get a parrot that can't talk?"

Well( besides it being my bird my choice and none if your business) conures are cute cuddly funny birds and that's what drew me to them
It really annoys me when people think that parrots are only good for talking.

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
'Are you sure you want that one?' (Yes I want Pepper)
'Have you stared at you parakeets this weekend' (My Spanish teacher, who knows English VERY well)

And things I've overheard:
'Would this (small budgie flight) cage be suitible for my SCC (Sulfer Crested Cockatoo)?' (F*ck no go the f*ck away)
'Mom can I get a parakeet? They're so cuuuuute!' (Said by a 16 year old in Petco)
'You know budgies should be kept in cages, it's too dangerous to let them free roam!' (Thanks but no thanks)

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
'Are you sure you want that one?' (Yes I want Pepper)
'Have you stared at you parakeets this weekend' (My Spanish teacher, who knows English VERY well)

And things I've overheard:
'Would this (small budgie flight) cage be suitible for my SCC (Sulfer Crested Cockatoo)?' (F*ck no go the f*ck away)
'Mom can I get a parakeet? They're so cuuuuute!' (Said by a 16 year old in Petco)
'You know budgies should be kept in cages, it's too dangerous to let them free roam!' (Thanks but no thanks)
Are you me or something because how did you know...?
Soo relatable
Kids in pet stores piss me off

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty

Stitch, see my response on page 1 for this question. Shuts them up right quick.

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Stitch, see my response on page 1 for this question. Shuts them up right quick.
Really? I just slap them across the face...😅

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
somone from PetSmart once told me baths are bad for birds and it wreaks there feathers.
Stupid questions are one thing; terrible advice is another. I hate this kind of thing the most

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
what are stupid quetions people have asked me uhhhh hmm is your bird a parakeet or a macaw?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Some of these questions are why we are all active on the forum and trying to increase the collective knowledge.

For a long long time it acceptable to just cut every birds wings. To stick a bird in a small cage and never get it out.

I hate that burds are the biggest money makers for petstores now that they can't sell dogs and cats. Yet it 1000 times worse on intelligent social parrots to be stuck in small cages and isolated. They at least got the puppies and kittens out and played with them. And people in general understand how to take care if a dog abd what to expect. While the general parrot care knowledge is low to none

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Wrench, I love your response!

At the time, I only had albie for a couple months and I was so excited about being a first time parrot owner and wanted to tell people everything I knew about my little friends species. Apparently this other person did not share my enthusiasm.

Another thing that irks me is when people find out you have a bird and then they go on with horrific stories about how their /their friends bird dies. Please, just don't do that!

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
well and it's like when i got my budgies i did lots of online research but I find out later the websites that have been telling me for months it's Oki to do this or that there wrong and then you rethink it and ur like well who on the world do i trust then for bird info?

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
well and it's like when i got my budgies i did lots of online research but I find out later the websites that have been telling me for months it's Oki to do this or that there wrong and then you rethink it and ur like well who on the world do i trust then for bird info?
I relate..! It’s really hard to find which sources are reliable because there’s so much misinformation about birds, or all pets for that matter.

Most Reactions

Latest posts