Sugar, My G2

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Shortly after that evil woman poisoned my entire flock... I got a call from someone who had a cockatoo that desperately needed a new home, at a time when I desperately needed a bird...

She had a couple of plucked spots on the shoulder when I got her, but she had just started plucking, and I was able to nip that in the bud right away before it became problematic. It was an attention thing due to being rehomed and the new home not working out...

She's an absolute love. I named her Sugar cuz she's that sweet...

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
no photos?
soggy Max3.jpeg

KimG

Aug 4, 2022
Media
Florida
Parrots
2 Severe Macaws
I am so happy for you, after such horrific tragedy you deserve to have birds around to love. I hope you are on the road to healing. I love the name Sugar for your sweetie. Has me singing the song, sugar sugar, you are my candy girl and you got me wanting you.. Lol Enjoy getting to know your new flock. They are lucky birds to have flown into your life.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I couldn't get the photos to post.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I am so happy for you, after such horrific tragedy you deserve to have birds around to love. I hope you are on the road to healing. I love the name Sugar for your sweetie. Has me singing the song, sugar sugar, you are my candy girl and you got me wanting you.. Lol Enjoy getting to know your new flock. They are lucky birds to have flown into your life.
The Archie's! Sugar Sugar!

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
When I was seven years old, my first amazon was named Sugar.
He was sweet as Sugar until we brought him back from Venezuela, and he had to go through US Customs and quarantine. CAME BACK TO US HATING EVERYONE...

That ws over 50 years ago. We didn't know then, what we know now.

We made a lot of mistakes with Sugar....

But G2, white like sugar. Sweet as sugar. (Unless the too tantrum thing is happening) I thought it fit.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I liked this song WHEN IT CAME OUT- I am seriously dating myself!
I think I cut the 45 of that one off the back of a cereal box... which is dating myself.

KimG

Aug 4, 2022
Media
Florida
Parrots
2 Severe Macaws
I think I cut the 45 of that one off the back of a cereal box... which is dating myself.
I don't know about you but I'd be singing that song all day long if I had a bird named Sugar. I sing or what I call singing, to my birds. I think they like it but I could be wrong lol.

Most Reactions