Suggestions?

CloverTheBirb

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Clover the Green Cheek Conure!
Hello!
Iā€™m very new to this website!
I have a Green Cheek Conure named Clover (that I got three months ago!), and I hope that you guys could maybe help me with a slight problem that occurs when Iā€™m trying to hang out with herā€¦
Every time she is on my shoulder or finger, after just chilling for a minute or two, she would get bored and start biting. Does she need a distraction? Would you guys have any suggestions on how to stop or help this? Thank you so much!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Yup, she likes you! There are ways of getting her to stop if the bites get too painful, but this does me you have a strong bond with her!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Look up bite pressure training, if you type it in the search bar, it should come up.

Basically you teach clover what is acceptable pressure for bitting by praising and treating the gentle nibbles and gradually add a cue word like gentle and a consequence to anything that is too hard a bite after reminding them to be gentle (removal from their shoulder).

It worked so well with albie that he now says gentle when he knows he bit too hard šŸ¤£

Most Reactions

Latest posts