~*Sulfur Crested Cockatoo*~

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
This is sadie my sulfur crested cockatoo. I got her and a king cage with a playtop, toys, food, books, treats, and they delivered it for 100.00. She recently turned 10 along with me turning 15 on Dec 1.

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
She is beautiful, looks like she can be a lot of fun. We have a section here that you are able to share your funny stories with Sadie. She is a beautiful girl. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I look forward to seeing lots of pics and hearing all about her.

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
Sadie is 10 now this year and acts like a 2 year old lol. I got her from a family in MN. There ad on twincities.com said they were selling her for 500 but when we called they said they would sell it to us for 100. She came with a king cage, lots and lots of toys and treats, food, playtop, and a book. I emailed the Pam and Dale [original owners before me] pics and about once every 1-2 years we found a date where they could come to visit her...usually they bring her some goodies lol.
Pam and Dale had her for about 5 years. Before that she lived in a destroyed home with 10 other large parrots...flying freely as the ppl didnt beleive in cages. So she was wild. Then when Pam and Dale took her they trained her so that she could walk on flat ground as she had ?bumblefoot? and they also trained her to come out of the cage. They could not hold her though. When I received her I taught her how to laugh, step-up, step-down, come up the stairs... There first visit to Sadie they got to hold her for the first time in 5 years...they loved it. Sorry that was long but thats Sadie's story so far. I have sooo many pics of her too:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts