Sun Conure I need help

MrsLodhi

Aug 13, 2021
Ontario
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
Hi, I need help in understanding our new addition to our family, his a beautiful sun Conure we had got yesterday, he was very scared yesterday with us, we have also learned that they owners who had him before they never gave him a bath, they not really learnt him to much words at all his 2 years and half, this morning I got up before my our pineapple conure wakes up because I wanted our new Sun Conure to bond with me and make him feel we love him and cared for oh also the the old owners never feed him much of any vegs mostly only sun flowers seeds and u can tell his not that healthy, but anyways besides this I've notice this morning by talking to him none stop giving small hugs and kisses telling him mommy and daddy love him none stop lol he started bobbing his head and body up and down and also like grinning his beak and making some kind noise from his beak what does this mean I'm kind scared he is telling me he is sick but idk I'm hoping this means he is happy oh also this morning I got him to eat a few bits of whole wheat bread he isn't use of pellets and dry vegs like our pineapple conure, also I would like help with how do I give him a bath since he never in his life had one, I just want he is happy with us, and I want to get him health eating like pineapple conure

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
He sounds happy to be in your home, not sick! You can slowly introduce the new diet while still feeding the old diet and phase the old diet out gradually.

He can bathe in a pie pan or low bowl that’s partly filled with plain cool water. He might be more likely to bathe if your other bird gets a bowl of water at the same time.

OP
M

MrsLodhi

Aug 13, 2021
Ontario
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
He sounds happy to be in your home, not sick! You can slowly introduce the new diet while still feeding the old diet and phase the old diet out gradually.

He can bathe in a pie pan or low bowl that’s partly filled with plain cool water. He might be more likely to bathe if your other bird gets a bowl of water at the same time.
thank you so much for the info I'm happy to know he is happy in our home we do love him so much all we wanted was for him to be happy with us

Most Reactions

Latest posts