Sun Conure Moodiness - Jekyll and Hyde

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I don't know if it's because she is multi but my Sun can swing from one extreme to another. One minute she is sweet (most of the time) but then all of a sudden she is bite. She didn't want to get off my shoulder today, so she bit me. But then later when she was on my shoulder, she was fine.

Why is she like that? It's like Jekyll and Hyde sometimes.

She is 18 by the way.

Ronnie27

Oct 13, 2022
MĂ©xico
Parrots
Esmeralda, Perla, Arcoiris, Kiwi
Could she be hormonal, maybe?
My 15 year old Amazona oratrix does the same: one minute she is shy, the next one she's angry, then happy, sad, shy again, angrier than ever, and happy again. This happens during breeding season.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Could she be hormonal, maybe?
My 15 year old Amazona oratrix does the same: one minute she is shy, the next one she's angry, then happy, sad, shy again, angrier than ever, and happy again. This happens during breeding season.

I wouldn't put it past her. She once laid eggs in December.

I found her moodiness to be the worst in the springtime.

Other factors that can contribute to her moodiness is if the other bird is moody, she is tired, she is hungry, etc

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
UPDATE: she bit me four times but thanks be to got they are small cuts.

She only gets fresh when k ask her to step up. Sometimes she will do it and sometimes she bites. She’s been like this for a few days. I notice she is the best behaved in the middle of the day. It’s just strange because o didn’t have these issues last week. I feel kind o am living with someone on a menstrual cycle.

It can’t be hormonal season again though. That’s just spring time and she ripped off lots of flesh then.

The strange thing we were having a great training session and then I asked to to step up and she nailed me. Treats work but not always. She flips so fast. Aahhhh LOL!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts