Sun conure vs Golden conure vs Cockatoo.

What one to get?

• Sun Conure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden Conure

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cockatoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mewmewpop

Mar 1, 2023
Parrots
None
Hi, I am trying to decide on either a Sun conure, Golden conure or Cockatoo. I was originally thinking about a Pionus but no one around my area sales them. I'm leaning towards the golden conure because it is the quietest out of the other two and size wise, they are smaller than the cockatoo but bigger than the sun conure. Does anyone have any onions on them.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Oh boy, all these species are incredibly different from each other... please do your research.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi, I am trying to decide on either a Sun conure, Golden conure or Cockatoo. I was originally thinking about a Pionus but no one around my area sales them. I'm leaning towards the golden conure because it is the quietest out of the other two and size wise, they are smaller than the cockatoo but bigger than the sun conure. Does anyone have any onions on them.

Welcome to the forum!

I have a Sun and a Cockatoo, and they are definitely very different from each other. My Sun is actually quiet, and my 'Too is loud, although he isn't the loudest bird in the room.

The Golden Conures I've been around were pretty loud, but were not much different than my Sun in how they act.

Pionus are great birds as well, although I've also heard from others that they are hard to find in some areas.

If you use the Search function here, you will be able to find many threads about cockatoos and Sun Conures, and probably a few on Golden Conures although they are much harder to find.

Do you have any rescues near you where you could go and spend time with their birds? You may be surprised who you fall in love with there:)

I'm really glad you joined us to do some research before deciding on a specific species, hearing other people's stories can be a big help in narrowing down species you think will fit with you best:)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Its often said that Conures and Golden (Queen of Bavaria) Conures in particular are much like Macaws in nature. I know in the USA , GOldens are crazy expensive. I can't even recall if we have any active members with one.
DO your homework before choosing! And best is always let the parrot pick you instead of vice versa. You will be well ahead of the game by doing that.

Most Reactions

Latest posts