Surprise egg!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Its so stressful,
I just got off phone with vet.
Because she is not straining. Her vent is clean and normal. She is eating, tho less than normal, is active. Poops are completely formed and normal. We are waiting till morning to see if action is needed. Please let her lay the egg tonight!!! Please please!!!@

All I can say is that you should follow your instinct--- I have a very good avian vet and I beat him to the punch 2x based on Noodles' behavior (none of which triggered major flags). We finally were in for prostaglandin after she took too long. At the same time, she did manage to lay on her own after her 2nd clutch, but many similar behavior indicators were present. The first time though, was much scarier.

Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I feel ya - Tee laid 8 eggs this time and I stressed through every one of them. She is responsible for all the recent grey hairs that I developed. Weā€™re going for her next Lupron on Friday. Iā€™m glad you have a great vet to get support from and sheā€™s easy to reach!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Mystery egg....so around midnight I heard the clunk, I had just been praying and felt so thankfully. Then I heard a second clunk. I figured she laid 2...but didn't get out of bed to check.

This morning no evidence of any eggs anywhere .

Did they fall out if cage dogs ate them ? Did she eat them????
I got her out and felt. I can't feel any egg anymore! I will re heck everything after breakfast and coffee! This is crazy!

Phoebe is eating breakfast with gusto. .just watched her poop and checked it its normal. Yippie
Did video with vet . She thinks all good , somebody ate tge egg

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
OMG..WHAT THE HECK?!!? LOL! I desperately want to know where the eggs went.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
OMG..WHAT THE HECK?!!? LOL! I desperately want to know where the eggs went.

I more than you to infinity! I hate not knowing @@@

I didnt weigh her yesterday. But today she is her normal if 95 grams. Before tge egg/s she had jumped to 116 Ugh I will be following my own advice to weigh daily when ever there are issues! Cuz then I would know if she laid an egg overnight! Dang it I talk about how important weighing your burd all the time!

She has had a growth spurt, and now feels a little thin. She has also finally after 5 months molted out 2 of her cut flight feathers. Yippie! I can't wait till she can really fly

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
was the egg large enough to fit in your bird's beak? Could she have stashed it somewhere up higher? Noodles once tried to put hers in a toy.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The first egg fit inside a plastic water bottle cap in diameter but was longer.

I have searched everywhere! I felt her up again no egg.

I hsve a hoover dog who eats anything the parrots throw out. That's my best guess. First clunk hut cage second msbe it rolled our fell on floor???

Zero evidence. But yesterday it was just about poking out of vent...there was definitely sn egg..

I will check her toys as I didn't think of something so weird as stashing lol
Nope no egg

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Man, Laura, you need a break! I hope against hope that Bumble never decides to lay eggs. Sheā€™s 4-so far so good. Please donā€™t remind me about Scottā€™s Gabby who was a boy for 30 odd years until she laid her first one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Man, Laura, you need a break! I hope against hope that Bumble never decides to lay eggs. Sheā€™s 4-so far so good. Please donā€™t remind me about Scottā€™s Gabby who was a boy for 30 odd years until she laid her first one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodles waited until 15- only parrot I've ever had who actually laid an egg (or 3) LOL /EEK

Most Reactions

Latest posts