Swing perch

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
I just can't get over just how much enjoyment Perjo gets out of her circular shaped swing perch. It's her go to spot inside the cage, it sits high, close to the door and it's her bed coming the time to call it a night. Not sure if she makes her way to the other one in the back after I leave the room, I don't think so. She seems to always be on the same one come the morning.

What amazes me the most is her recognition of how to get it swinging and how to push off with varying degrees to get it to swing longer or faster. She uses her beak to grab onto the vertical bars on the cage and then lets go, and away she rocks. She seems to push the boundaries of how far she can stretch to get a stronger push off. Very impressive cognition on her part.

Who would have guessed? Clearly, not me! My Amazons have never liked Swing Perches, like never.

Happy for you!!!

If the Swing is made from a dowel, please consider changing it out with a natural wood branch perch. Especially, if its her first choice perch.

It's a rope perch, her favorite non circle swing perch is her natural tree branch perch. I usually mount it in a different orientation every week or two to keep her on her toes and avoid and issue on her feet.

I'm not surprised at Perjo, Salty's daytime set up is one big swing ( round boing, and BIG stainless bowl ). He will not only get it swinging , like a child stars a regular swing , he rotates it so he is closer to the kitchen table. If he gets it just right, he can climb onto the table. Our birds constantly amaze me with how smart they are. Perjo seems like a smarty one.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back