Syd's playtime

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
There was a time before I decided to live with Syd when my home was pretty minimalist and tidy and I liked to think stylish. Syd has rather put paid to that. I have a rather unusual huge nice pottery bowl which graces a table. It is African I think and used to hold an enormous candle until Syd arrived and found it one day and started to demolish it. Of course I removed it immediately and it joined the candle heaven where I hope its light shines brightly.

For a while the bowl stayed empty but then one day I put a couple of foot toys in it for Syd. His great joy was to manoeuvre them to the edge of the table and hurl them as far as he could waiting for me to scurry around picking them all up. Well that has evolved. Now at this moment he is happily hurling about 30 foot toys all around the room. When he has finished he will come and sit on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings until I go and pick them all up for the game to start again.

I used to have such a nice minimalist home! :mad::ROFLMAO:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
"Minimalist" and "stylish" are two words that could never be used to describe my home - probably the kindest word I can think of is "eclectic"! Nonetheless there are some very strange things that stand out even against that backdrop as a result of the extreme broodiness as exhibited by my little Crown Princess. My couch has no cushions on it during the day lest she burrow behind them and lay eggs. There are lengths of cardboard and tea towels stuffed in the gaps above the curtain rods in the bird room for the same reason. My beautiful leadlight lampshade sports a cushion jauntily perched on top of it because she tried to make a nest out of that too. I suppose my interior design has gone from "eclectic" to "downright bizarre" as a result!! :rolleyes:😁

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
There was a time before I decided to live with Syd when my home was pretty minimalist and tidy and I liked to think stylish. Syd has rather put paid to that. I have a rather unusual huge nice pottery bowl which graces a table. It is African I think and used to hold an enormous candle until Syd arrived and found it one day and started to demolish it. Of course I removed it immediately and it joined the candle heaven where I hope its light shines brightly.

For a while the bowl stayed empty but then one day I put a couple of foot toys in it for Syd. His great joy was to manoeuvre them to the edge of the table and hurl them as far as he could waiting for me to scurry around picking them all up. Well that has evolved. Now at this moment he is happily hurling about 30 foot toys all around the room. When he has finished he will come and sit on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings until I go and pick them all up for the game to start again.

I used to have such a nice minimalist home! :mad::ROFLMAO:
"Minimalist" and "stylish" are two words that could never be used to describe my home - probably the kindest word I can think of is "eclectic"! Nonetheless there are some very strange things that stand out even against that backdrop as a result of the extreme broodiness as exhibited by my little Crown Princess. My couch has no cushions on it during the day lest she burrow behind them and lay eggs. There are lengths of cardboard and tea towels stuffed in the gaps above the curtain rods in the bird room for the same reason. My beautiful leadlight lampshade sports a cushion jauntily perched on top of it because she tried to make a nest out of that too. I suppose my interior design has gone from "eclectic" to "downright bizarre" as a result!! :rolleyes:😁
Guys, I feel bad for laughing so hard... Who am I to say anything, I wanted a stylish living room as well, and it somehow turned into an aviary full of paper tissues, seeds, toys, chewed wood, bird poop and pellets! I think all of it is stylish enough for our birds xD

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Guys, I feel bad for laughing so hard... Who am I to say anything, I wanted a stylish living room as well, and it somehow turned into an aviary full of paper tissues, seeds, toys, chewed wood, bird poop and pellets! I think all of it is stylish enough for our birds xD
I confess that there are times when laughing is the last thing I can manage. Then he comes over and sweet talks to me until I end up chuckling. Each evening when Syd retires to bed in his sleep cage I take time to try to reinstate the 'look' and sink into my sofa with a sigh of relief ready for the onslaught in the morning. Bless him!! He really isn't house proud. You know how so many women eventually give up because the man in their life is untidy? Well I know the feeling! :ROFLMAO:

Most Reactions

Latest posts