Syd keeps me guessing!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I live with Syd although I seem to remember that I actually own the property. It felt ok for a while but gradually he has taken over and there are times when I feel quite subordinate. Circumstances dictated a recent lack of activity on my part but I have been able once again to venture forth and tackle the day of the Trifids in my garden leaving Syd to his own devices. I let him out as soon as I return and stamina is not yet what it was so the time spent is somewhat limited but today after a fairly short spell I have returned to find that Syd appears to be nest building.
He has been very hormonal this year and preoccupied with doing naughty things far too often, fortunately not involving me, but today he has shredded the paper in the bottom of his cage and piled some of it into a heap. I call him 'he' but have not had him sexed. He seems very male oriented to me, but this is the first time he has done this. He is 6yrs old and his weight is steady, so I think he just might be playing games with my head.
I felt fairly confident that I had got the measure of him - until just now!! o_O It's true we are very bonded but if he thinks he is creating a palace for a crossing of the species then he has another think coming! :love: Perhaps I need to stop telling him he's a good boy and I love him!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @T00tsyd, I wonder if Syd's got a little surprise up his sleeve for you and he might turn out to be a Syndi instead? Wouldn't be the first time! How sweet of him to build you a little love nest though, just imagine how much his home improvements are boosting the value of your real estate right there!

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @T00tsyd, I wonder if Syd's got a little surprise up his sleeve for you and he might turn out to be a Syndi instead? Wouldn't be the first time! How sweet of him to build you a little love nest though, just imagine how much his home improvements are boosting the value of your real estate right there!
He can think again! There is enough woman in this house already and if he has any ideas of following the trans trend I am not at all ready for it.! :ROFLMAO:

Most Reactions

Latest posts