Tamed cockatiel became aggressive

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hey there,
Hope u all having a good day! I have 9 mounths old cockatiel, i got him from day 14 and hand-raised him. Recently I realized that he became my aggressive than before, he doesnā€™t even let me pet him like before and he is biting when i try to pet him. He doesnā€™t even singing like he used to. Any idea what the problem could be? Sorry for bad english

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi there, and welcome. There can be so many reasons for aggressive behaviors in parrots. Molting, hormones, and coming into adulthood are some of the big ones. Do you see any pin feathers coming in? Does your cockatiel hang out on the bottom of the cage? Have you consulted a vet? That may be a good place to start. Usually they can run labs, and make sure nothing major is going on.

MM16

Mar 21, 2021
Parrots
No parrots now, grew up with a rescue Yellow naped Amazon
We have a very similar story. Ours is almost a year and it seemed out of nowhere he became aggressive. I have really paid attention to the surroundings of what is going on, but he will come out of his cage and be ok for a few minutes then its all aggression after.

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi there, and welcome. There can be so many reasons for aggressive behaviors in parrots. Molting, hormones, and coming into adulthood are some of the big ones. Do you see any pin feathers coming in? Does your cockatiel hang out on the bottom of the cage? Have you consulted a vet? That may be a good place to start. Usually they can run labs, and make sure nothing major is going on.
Hey :) yes i see some feather coming out, sometime he removes the damaged ones like in the photo bellow! If it gets worse the next days i will take him to the avian vet! Thank you for your help šŸ™ŒšŸ™

Attachments

• FEE4C65E-8538-458E-8510-E20F076F6034.jpeg
    FEE4C65E-8538-458E-8510-E20F076F6034.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 70
OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Most likely, hormones! Just love him and donā€™t push the relationship! He will come around!
Hey :) i always show him love, hope it gets better thank you šŸ˜ŠšŸ™

Most Reactions