Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I don't own linnies. I have green cheeks

The box isn't theirs, it's my rabbits.
My sincere apologies, I got two threads confused:(
The toy advice remains the same, though, my Green Cheek loves cardboard and cupcake holders.

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
If the roommate is the issue, can you roll their cages into your room and shut the door whenever youā€™re not home? Kirby barks and carrys on if anyone is visible or audible, but is totally fine if heā€™s got music on and his door is shut. Not sure what kind of cage your birds have, but most flight cages have wheels.
My room is beside his room so thatd not make things any better.

They live in a massive cage, 54" long by 24" wide
48" tall
And 58' tall

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
My sincere apologies, I got two threads confused:(
The toy advice remains the same, though, my Green Cheek loves cardboard and cupcake holders.
Again tried for quite sometime even with different suggestions from mu breeder friend, they do not play with toys what ever I do.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Well - if your housemate primarily hangs out in his bedroom, it might not help. However, if they are complaining because the noise is in the living room so they canā€™t utilize the public spaces, it would.

At this point, you may just need to gift them some nice earplugs or over-the-ear sound cancellation devices. Iā€™ve used Loop branded earplugs on redeye flights to sleep, and I can recommend a few brands of affordable noise canceling headphones - the Anker Soundcore Life Q20s are about $60 and theyā€™re wireless.

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Well - if your housemate primarily hangs out in his bedroom, it might not help. However, if they are complaining because the noise is in the living room so they canā€™t utilize the public spaces, it would.

At this point, you may just need to gift them some nice earplugs or over-the-ear sound cancellation devices. Iā€™ve used Loop branded earplugs on redeye flights to sleep, and I can recommend a few brands of affordable noise canceling headphones - the Anker Soundcore Life Q20s are about $60 and theyā€™re wireless.

He spends 99% of the time in his room. Rarely in the livingroom.

He has sound proof blue tooth headphones.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Honestly, unless heā€™s threatening to move out, I wouldnā€™t sweat it. Birds make noise, thatā€™s not something you can really avoid. Iā€™m sorry if heā€™s giving you a hard time about it.

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Honestly, unless heā€™s threatening to move out, I wouldnā€™t sweat it. Birds make noise, thatā€™s not something you can really avoid. Iā€™m sorry if heā€™s giving you a hard time about it.
Threatening to move out ( complex issue he gets super crabby and agituated when he is bored and doesn't work etc which leaves him with little patience to actually work with them )

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Threatening to move out ( complex issue he gets super crabby and agituated when he is bored and doesn't work etc which leaves him with little patience to actually work with them )

He didn't even bother to tell me when they initially started this new behavior till a month or two after it started and was beginning to piss him off. Which is very counter productive. If I had known sooner the quicker this would have been solved with positive reinforcement with special treats when they are quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
I am so sorry, that sounds very stressful. If I think of anything that has not already been suggested I will post here, but everyone else has been very thorough. I donā€™t miss having roommates!

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
I am so sorry, that sounds very stressful. If I think of anything that has not already been suggested I will post here, but everyone else has been very thorough. I donā€™t miss having roommates!
It is majorly stressful šŸ˜…

Roommate may not know how stressful he is being and I have to walk on egg shells with him being like this. I obviously can only do so much myself without him putting in the needed work as well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts