Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I've been thinking of writing this for a while, but I never got at it.. ok, I'll start:

Thank you, mods, for all that you do for us! You guys do so much but don't get the recognition and appreciation you deserve. You guys help us when we struggle navigating the site, help us when we need advice on our birds, ban annoying spambots, and just help make PF a better place. Words can't explain how much I(and many others) appreciate the mod team. I can't even imagine what PF would be like without mods!

I know the job can be tough; people attack you for your decisions, at times you have to ban people even if you don't want to. Some people think of you as emotionless beings, but in fact the person behind the screen is just someone who wants to be respected and appreciated, like any human being.

So many of us aren't suited for this job, including me. I don't think I and many others are able to handle the downsides of a mod..

Oh, and thanks to the admins as well! You guys also help a lot! :)
And thanks for retired mods, you guys helped a lot as well :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and a 1000 more thank yous, for all you do!

Oh, and how about we make this day (26th of April) mod appreciation day? lol.

Anè

@saxguy64 @Terry57 @ravvlet @Cottonoid :)
(the mods are the above users)

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you so much, Ané! We do what we do because we love this place, and we truly appreciate our members and all you bring to the forum. You just made my day! 😊

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Thank you so much, Ané! We do what we do because we love this place, and we truly appreciate our members and all you bring to the forum. You just made my day! 😊
Glad it made your day, I just think you all are so underappreciated!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh AnΓ©, thank you so much for saying this, it's such a lovely thing for me to finish off my day with!

I am so blessed to be able to come to "work" every day with my very best friends, as that's what we've become since I started with the Mod team :) And it's the appreciation of our passionate members that makes it a genuine pleasure for us to make the efforts for you that we do here.

This was such a thoughtful thing for you to say, AnΓ©, thank you again so much! :)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I was going to make a thread like this, so let me compliment the mods too!

@Terry57, you're so kind, you cre about everyone, and it shows. In the short time I've been here, you've always looked out for me, and I really thank you for that!

@LaManuka you are always helpful, practical, empathetic, and get straight to the point! It's always great to have someone like that both as a Mod and on the Forums, thank you for all you do.

@saxguy64 Even though I don't know you too well, I know you're reliable, funny, and kind. Thnk you for being here!

THANK YOU MODS πŸ₯³

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I've been thinking of writing this for a while, but I never got at it.. ok, I'll start:

Thank you, mods, for all that you do for us! You guys do so much but don't get the recognition and appreciation you deserve. You guys help us when we struggle navigating the site, help us when we need advice on our birds, ban annoying spambots, and just help make PF a better place. Words can't explain how much I(and many others) appreciate the mod team. I can't even imagine what PF would be like without mods!

I know the job can be tough; people attack you for your decisions, at times you have to ban people even if you don't want to. Some people think of you as emotionless beings, but in fact the person behind the screen is just someone who wants to be respected and appreciated, like any human being.

So many of us aren't suited for this job, including me. I don't think I and many others are able to handle the downsides of a mod..

Oh, and thanks to the admins as well! You guys also help a lot! :)
And thanks for retired mods, you guys helped a lot as well :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and a 1000 more thank yous, for all you do!

Oh, and how about we make this day (26th of April) mod appreciation day? lol.

Anè

@saxguy64 @LaManuka @Terry57 :)
(the mods are the above users)
Anè, this is so sweet! Thank you so much, this touched my heart:)

I was going to make a thread like this, so let me compliment the mods too!

@Terry57, you're so kind, you cre about everyone, and it shows. In the short time I've been here, you've always looked out for me, and I really thank you for that!

@LaManuka you are always helpful, practical, empathetic, and get straight to the point! It's always great to have someone like that both as a Mod and on the Forums, thank you for all you do.

@saxguy64 Even though I don't know you too well, I know you're reliable, funny, and kind. Thnk you for being here!

THANK YOU MODS πŸ₯³
Stormy, wow! This also touches my heart, you are the one who is kind:)
You, Anè & Laura have really made my day:)
The absolute best part of our job is the members, and this is such a wonderful example as to why:)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Stormy, wow! This also touches my heart, you are the one who is kind:)
You, Anè & Laura have really made my day:)
The absolute best part of our job is the members, and this is such a wonderful example as to why:)
There's certianly enough kindness to go around!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts