The Beeb's poo and...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...birdie muffin's.
Most of you folk know the trouble I have been having with Fluff Boy's poo being way too wet..more urine then normal.
It has been a very frustrating time,trying to get him to eat good stuff,but he is slowly coming around.
Since I made the muffin's,I've been giving him small amounts daily,with his so-called chop.

It seem's that the muffin's are a bigger hit with both of the kid's than origionally thought. When changing his papers in his house I noticed a BIG difference in his poo. It was on the brown side,not normal green (prolly from the muffin) but it was a lot more solid.
I am going to cut serving him the muffin to just a couple times a week and keep a close eye on his poo.

Jim

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
sounds like good news.
since I got Luna with a supply of birdy bread I have tried it out on all my birds.
Bella won't touch it, everyone else eats it.
We (my wife really) mad up a fresh batch of birdie bread but not sure if it should be a staple or a treat.
I know Luna screams if she does not get some 2x a day.
Bingo liked the first batch of bread better than the one we made up but he does eat it.
It's probably the most healthy thing he has eaten in a long time.
It does change the color of there poop but it doesn't change the liquid/solid ration far as I can tell.

texsize

Most Reactions

Latest posts