The day Zazu stole my heart <3

laurawaterman

Sep 29, 2014
Australia, QLD
Parrots
I'm getting a Sun Conure in a few months. It's only 2.5 weeks old at the moment and being hand raised.
The other day my boyfriend and I were fighting and I was really sad. Zazu (my 7 month old Sun Conure) was sitting with me, but when when I started crying, he ran straight up my chest and cuddled into my neck and made little chirping sounds. It was like he was giving me a hug and telling me it was okay. He stayed there for about 10 minutes until I felt better. He's absolutely stolen my heart. Every day since then he cuddles into my neck in the evenings and I scratch him around his neck and head. I can't put into words how happy I am to have a friend like him. :orange:

NNAAAW!! What a beautiful and heart-warming post, Laura! :)

Zazu sounds like a super special baby!! Isn't it incredible how they tune into our own emotions? :smile015:

It's true.

They're empathic.

One of the worst days of my life was the day my ex-wife sought sole custody of my daughter. I just lost it emotionally...

And my little sun conure did everything in his power to make me laugh...

And when that didn't work, he climbed up and licked away my tears.

Another bad day at work... one of the worst days I had at my last office.

Tusk waddles up to me, takes one look at me and waddles back down, and over to his cage. He fishes out a cashew from his food bowl (his favorite treat) and waddles back to me. (I figured he just had the munchies.)

He sets the nut down in the palm of my hand and says:

"It's okay. You're a good boy!"

:D

They know.

Ok I was all teared up till I read that Tusk put a coveted nut in Mark's hand and said "It's OK. Your a good boy." Sorry, LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!! With tears in my eyes, LOL!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back