The first real outing in the sun

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
My macaws are SO happy, that the bird flu scare is called off for Denmark.

That means they again are allowed to come outside and enjoy the natural rays of sun :smile015::smile015:

sillein-albums-my-birds-picture17993-18221996-10154758668818759-5870479298411270701-n.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Love that picture, glad they can safely venture outside. More fun than flying a kite at the beach!!

Luckyandjenn

Jul 25, 2016
Media
Albums
San deigo ca
Parrots
Lucky
Dawwwww loook at all that cuteness is the scarlet macaw a baby ???? Also what kind of harnesses do you use??? i think that type may work better for lucky as he chews/ plays with his harness it looks like they were having fun. Also are the blue and gold a boy and girl??? if so do girl blue and gold act diffrent than males

OP
SilleIN

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
Dawwwww loook at all that cuteness is the scarlet macaw a baby ???? Also what kind of harnesses do you use??? i think that type may work better for lucky as he chews/ plays with his harness it looks like they were having fun. Also are the blue and gold a boy and girl??? if so do girl blue and gold act diffrent than males

Yes, the scarlet in this photo is a baby :)

The harness is one I have designed myself as the aviator did not work for Sugar. I also wasn't a big fan of the fact that the aviator (which is the only bird harness I can get) puts pressure on one point of the fused spine, if the bird gets scared and flies to the end of the rope at high speed.

1d8493bc2e41c965822b61ea418062d5.jpg

48bd3265aeb7dd8030936c198188d492.jpg

75bf85acc9337325b54592b692bec9da.jpg

Yes it's a boy and a girl. I don't see a gender difference as much as it's a personality difference. I meet up with a lot of different macaws weekly (last week was 2 GW, 1 military, 2 scarlets and 7 BG) and for as many different macaws I meet, their personality is different. I don't see much difference as regards to gender.

Hope it helps :)

Luckyandjenn

Jul 25, 2016
Media
Albums
San deigo ca
Parrots
Lucky

Yes, the scarlet in this photo is a baby :)

The harness is one I have designed myself as the aviator did not work for Sugar. I also wasn't a big fan of the fact that the aviator (which is the only bird harness I can get) puts pressure on one point of the fused spine, if the bird gets scared and flies to the end of the rope at high speed.

1d8493bc2e41c965822b61ea418062d5.jpg

48bd3265aeb7dd8030936c198188d492.jpg

75bf85acc9337325b54592b692bec9da.jpg

Yes it's a boy and a girl. I don't see a gender difference as much as it's a personality difference. I meet up with a lot of different macaws weekly (last week was 2 GW, 1 military, 2 scarlets and 7 BG) and for as many different macaws I meet, their personality is different. I don't see much difference as regards to gender.

Hope it helps :)

It sure does and your birds are super cute the harness thing is a great idea and does not look to difficult to make ill have to try to make him somthing as i did not know about the avaitor harness could do that and that is the only brand that i seem to be able to find ...and thats so cool that you brids all get along also thanks for sharing your oipon on the girl and boy bird being about the same i was cirious because i have read so many diffrent opions on the topic.... its also cool that your hords seem to get along i dont think lucky would like us having another big mac lol i think lucky is the jellous type lol

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
LOL...I love the "quinne pig" trying out the harness. :p About the only type of Mac I could afford at the moment! :rolleyes:

Jim

Most Reactions