OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland O
Parrots
2 Budgies
"Southern Belle" a blue female
"Beau Dandy" a green male
Figured I would give you guys an update, been busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, due in large part to the new guitar I bought...if I'm not working or playing with the birdies, I am invariably playing this sweet new machine, gotta get an amp on the truck, but it's nice to have the option for an electric or acoustic onboard now.

The birds are getting rather forward of late, demanding freedom at every full stop and giving me the stink eye when we have to go back to work. We are continuing to explore larger areas of the truck, and both birds are continuing to become more comfortable with hanging out on/with me, we all sat in the drivers seat last night and watched the other trucks go zooming by and parking last night. Belle has begun to display a bit of possessiveness about time with dad, she really doesn't like Beau having one on one time with me, and she will either come down to perch next to him, or run him off if she sees him on my hands.

As to the grand adventure side, we have been in the Dakotas, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin/Minnesota the last week or so, weather is getting very cold, dropping into the low 30's high 20's fairly regularly, it's gonna be a doozy this year I think...for now we are loading a run to Rugby ND this afternoon for a Monday morning delivery, then a load of brick that heads to Sioux Falls for a Wednesday delivery...haven't decided whether or not to stop in Fargo or not for the weekend, but if I don't I will be unlikely to have internet until Monday or Tuesday

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
I managed a view of Belle crawling through her Olympic ring toy yesterday, couldn't get a picture as I was driving, hopefully she'll do a repeat at some point today and I can get a picture, I did however manage to catch a picture of them being sweet to one another, she doesn't always bully him lol.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mqrsI0y

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Been a busy time here of late, running like a madman through all the winter storms and stuff up in the Dakota's, and the babies got to experience a heavy snow out in Fargo for the first time, they were absolutely fascinated by it, Belle kept flying down and watching it with me, she has gotten very attached to her time with dad lately, and rarely approved of not being able to see me. Beau, for his part, has taken to trying to sing along with the guitar more regularly, trying to match pitch a few times with some chords, it's very sweet to see my jam buddy going ham most days, who knows, maybe we can make a band out of it lol.

As to this last few days, it has been the opposite of a crazy schedule, been sitting under the same load since Friday, and it ran less than 200 miles, apparently the customer hasn't got the crane on site yet, has to be getting expensive for them paying me to sit around lol, sorry for the absence, but it's been all I can do to keep up with my schedule the last couple of weeks.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Glad to hear from you. I was wondering if all the bad weather was causing trouble for you. Give kisses to the keets for me.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I always think of that song when I see your name
One fist of iron
The other if steel
If the right one don't get you
Then the left one will
You load16 tons and what do you get
Another day older and deeper in Dept
Lol not saying you broke or a fighter lol
Just that the 18 Wheels if steel remind me of the song

Last edited:
OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Lol, I think inspiring memories of Tennessee Ernie Ford is a good thing, just remember...

St. Peter don't you call me, cause I can't go,
I owe my soul to the company store.

I consider that I could have been inspiring some modern "artist" like Justin Bieber or something, which would be simply mortifying, so I will count myself lucky there.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Lol, I think inspiring memories of Tennessee Ernie Ford is a good thing, just remember...

St. Peter don't you call me, cause I can't go,
I owe my soul to the company store.

I consider that I could have been inspiring some modern "artist" like Justin Bieber or something, which would be simply mortifying, so I will count myself lucky there.

My mom had an 8 track and that's how I got to listen !!! To that and this Rocking Robin by Robbie Day

He rocks in the tree-top all the day long
Hoppin' and a-boppin' and a-singin' his song
All the little birds on Jay Bird Street
Love to hear the robin go tweet tweet tweet

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
My folks were big into what I suppose are now the "golden oldies" Beatles, Beach Boys, James Taylor, CCR, Clapton, etc. I of course couldn't stand that sort of thing young and got into things like Outlaw Country, Western Swing, and Rock like Dire Straits, Jimi Hendrix and the 80's hair bands, if there was one band we all found as middle ground, it was probably the Eagles, because who doesn't love the Eagles?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My folks were big into what I suppose are now the "golden oldies" Beatles, Beach Boys, James Taylor, CCR, Clapton, etc. I of course couldn't stand that sort of thing young and got into things like Outlaw Country, Western Swing, and Rock like Dire Straits, Jimi Hendrix and the 80's hair bands, if there was one band we all found as middle ground, it was probably the Eagles, because who doesn't love the Eagles?

That's right driver.."don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy" as you stated ;) Saw them in '77 at the Yale Bowl with Heart and The Little River Band..out door concert (still have the stub) paid $8.95..now they command around $300+ :eek: Inflation!!

Jim

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies

That's right driver.."don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy" as you stated ;) Saw them in '77 at the Yale Bowl with Heart and The Little River Band..out door concert (still have the stub) paid $8.95..now they command around $300+ :eek: Inflation!!

Jim

I got stuck in Canandaigua NY one weekend and met a really cool gal who's friend bailed on her for a Don Henley show right there in town, so I went for free lol, was a fantastic time, guys a bit of an arse, but he sure can put on a show man. I would never pay 300+ for a ticket to any show I can think of...maybe would have done for Chris Ledoux or Jimi Hendrix, but no way any currently performing artist interests me that much, Willie Nelson might, but I don't think I've ever seen a $300 Willie ticket.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Jim

I got stuck in Canandaigua NY one weekend and met a really cool gal who's friend bailed on her for a Don Henley show right there in town, so I went for free lol, was a fantastic time, guys a bit of an arse, but he sure can put on a show man. I would never pay 300+ for a ticket to any show I can think of...maybe would have done for Chris Ledoux or Jimi Hendrix, but no way any currently performing artist interests me that much, Willie Nelson might, but I don't think I've ever seen a $300 Willie ticket.

I'd pay $300 for The Beatles...but we all know that ain't gonna happen :eek:

Jim

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies

Jim

I'd pay $300 for The Beatles...but we all know that ain't gonna happen :eek:

Jim

I would too...but I'm just going to throw it out there that without Lennon there is no Beatles lol, tributes? You betcha, but it was the creative crucible of Lennon and McCartney that brought about that magic, Paul has gone on to some cool stuff on his own, but it isn't the same.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
When you are feeling confident with your duo, please share a jam video with your fans... :D

:music: 18WheelsOfSteel & Beau-Dandy, unplugged. :music:

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
HTML:
When you are feeling confident with your duo, please share a jam video with your fans... :D

:music: 18WheelsOfSteel & Beau-Dandy, unplugged. :music:

Lol! First off...who ever said it would be unplugged? Maybe Beau Dandy has grown his luscious head feathers out, found some black leather and gone all Scorpions on us? As to a duo, perhaps, not sure I have any way to play quietly enough for him to be heard over a guitar, and I certainly haven't gotten anything worked out that I'd feel like putting on the interwebz lol, I'm not that good.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

" The Jammin' 'Keets and The Dad" great stage name! BB would gladly pay a few sprigs of millet to see this happen :35: :03:

Jim

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Alright, we have finally obtained video proof of Belle playing in the Olympic rings, this behavior is almost always post bath, not entirely sure why, but it's one of my favorite behaviors to observe. In addition, they have both started using a foot to hold and position millet in the way larger birds do, I have never seen or heard of a budgie doing this, so it is unusual as far as I know, but not in a bad way. Enjoy the holiday folks, we are stopped here in Joplin MO for the next couple of days before we go freeze our keister off in Minnesota for a few days.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kLGKrBX

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That is so neat! I haven't seen a Budgie do the weave like that! Thanks for sharing. I saw her tell Beau to back off from her fun lol

Most Reactions