OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland O
Parrots
2 Budgies
"Southern Belle" a blue female
"Beau Dandy" a green male
Yeah, he tends to get excited and annoy the crap out of her, he goes absolutely bananas and runs around all crazy, chirping like mad, jumping on and playing with toys, ringing bells, displaying for her, trying to preen and feed her, and she usually doesn't much care for that kind of high energy interaction and sends him packing...sometimes they are the definition of sweethearts to one another and usually get along very well overall.

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Ok gang, it's turkey day on the truck, and we are balling out here, squash and zucchini, homemade stuffing, turkey roast, sweet potatoes, kings Hawaiian rolls, baby corn, cranberry sauce, olives, pickled eggs and okra, baby carrots, sparkling cider and of course, pumpkin pie...the birds are enjoying some extra seeds in honor of the holiday today.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1YSOTCL

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Hey gang, felt I ought to drop an update considering the following the lovely babies contained herein enjoy, I have been granted an unusual holiday gift in the form of several symptoms indicative of heart disease and the family is understandably overreacting leaving me with very little free time, there have been no official diagnoses or anything, but many of life's eventual necessities have jumped to the fore and are impeding my time with you wonderful people, I'm certain this will all end as it is supposed to, and that this is a frightful nuisance and little more, but I suppose getting ones affairs in order early isn't such a bad thing all told just in case, I hope everyone is having a fulfilling and safe holiday season, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's one and all!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Get that checked out and take care of yourself - Belle and Beau (and us) are looking forward to many more years of adventures! Wishing you a happy (and healthy) holidays :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm sorry to hear you are having health issues!!! Please follow doctor orders and let family spoil you. I add my prayers for a good outcome. Thanks for letting your parrot family know whsts goo on. I'll be watching for updates when you have time.

"The good seaman weathers the storm he cannot avoid, and avoids the storm he cannot weather."
Unknown

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
So, quick update, doctors are not at all infallible, and insurance companies are always full of poo, life is moving in the desired direction once more, the feathered children are as rambunctious and amusing as ever, perhaps a trifle more daring and obstinate, but they are certainly giving me all I could ask for and probably more, thanks to a member here I remembered to slow down and smell the Rose's, not like we're any of us getting out of life alive and the journey and those we share it with are at least as important as the destination, life fell behind financially in ways I did not think possible, led to some people leaving, others reappeared in their place, been a crazy 6 months, but I think we'll be ok in the end, been thinking about you guys of late, I hope all is well with each of you

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Good to see you again, Hoss.

I tried telling the family that if artillery, IED's, RPG's, and bullets couldn't kill me, why should anything as routine as possible heart disease fare any better? Been an interesting ride, but we're going to get through this thing one way or another lol.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Was so happy to see your updat!!!!
2020 has been a bad year, and a terrible loss for me
I hoe 2021 see things improve fir us all

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Was so happy to see your updat!!!!
2020 has been a bad year, and a terrible loss for me
I hoe 2021 see things improve fir us all

You will have a better second half, and a fantastic next year, you must simply bear, grin, and bend the knee to the Lords plans, he'll see us all through according to his own good plan and will.

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
Greetings from MT. I am commenting to follow this thread. Hope you're on the mend! Beau and Belle are stinking adorable.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I fully agree that 2020 has been a year that has more in common with a dumpster than a glory year. I elected to call it a transition year and am looking ahead for the joys of 2021! :D:D:D

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
I fully agree that 2020 has been a year that has more in common with a dumpster than a glory year. I elected to call it a transition year and am looking ahead for the joys of 2021! :D:D:D

If I bring the matches you can bring the gas, let's light this puppy up and walk away...

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Still hanging out in the west and these fires are turning into a damnable nuisance, the feather babies are hanging out with nana and papa for a couple of weeks, the smoke is getting intolerable even for me on the truck, and I had to go help my brother evacuate, so that was interesting, but they are doing well and as usual they are having way more fun at the grandparents house than with dad, we do Facebook messenger video every couple of days and I get to see them, Beau is generally nonplussed about the whole affair but Belle keeps trying to get through the tablet screen to come see me, lol, poor girl just doesn't understand why we have to be apart for a bit

Most Reactions