The most frustrating, infurating...lovable bird

hootx3

Jun 21, 2012
Media
Canada
Parrots
Quincey, female green Quaker
So Quincey has recently started doing the most frustrating thing (to me anyway). While she spends time on her cage top, where I put her food and water dishes in their holders (her veggie dish doesn't have its own holder, because it didn't come with the cage, so it hangs on the food dish when shes out on top), she decides to get my attention by taking her veggie dish off and flings it, spraying its contents everywhere!

I stay calm and don't give her a reaction, whcih I know is what she's looking for. After a few minutes pass, I calmly clean it up. Luckily, she doesn't do this very often, and I'm pretty sure it'll pass if I use the no reaction treatment.

But even though it's so infuriating when she does it, because then I have to re-cut up her veggies, I still have to surpress a giggle. I love her too much to be too angry!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Quincey isn't the only parrot who thinks it's fun to dump food all over the place. :D Ralph used to dump both his food and water dishes. He quit upsetting the water dish after giving himself an unexpected bath one day, :11: but kept right on tipping out his food dish. I had to resort to the Quik-lok type dish for Ralph's food; it got to be too much to keep refilling the food dish and cleaning up the mess a dozen times a day.

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
My CAG Jax just this morning threw his bowl of couscous on the floor. Like you I cant be mad, I just try not to react. Luckily his water and veggie bowls are the lok-crocks. My ekkie Scarlet doest have to throw the bowl, she can get better distanceand aim throwing one beakful at a time. Gotta luv em.

Most Reactions

Latest posts