This is an upsetting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Ok so.....I know a lot of you are from the USA and Oz.

I just wanted to share what one of the newspapers has been reporting this week.

On Tuesday, it reported that an elderly couple tied their border collie outside a shop while they nipped in. A thug came along, walked the doggie off and took it to a multi story carpark. He then hurled it off the roof. The dog was found a bit away - it survived long enough to drag itself to the canal where mum and dad took it for a walk before it died.

On Wednesday it showed CC TV stills of a thug kicking his OWN Staffordshire Bull Terrier 13 ft - it was 7 months old.

Today?

Today a man has had all his budgies stolen from him - 63. It's so they can breed and sell from the best and eliminate the competition. They even change their leg rings. But his prize budgie? The one that was the most like his pet? Stamped to death on the floor.

What is wrong with Britain? Really? I mean, I can't put into words my disgust, revulsion and upset.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
My friend, things like this happens hourly in SA. :( We currently have syndicates that are killing off all our rhino by hacking their horns off and leaving them to bleed to death while the calves watch. Over 356 in just this year has been killed. :( The suffering of an animal caught in a snare is indescribable and the cruelest death possible. Dogs are tied to train tracks for fun etc. etc etc.

In today's society even us people are tortured, burned with irons, electrocuted, hacked and left to die. :(

These people do not have a heart - they are evil and have no God.

I wish I never read this post.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
It's repulsive. I don't know what's wrong with these people.

They aren't really people.....but they aren't animals either.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
They aren't really people.....but they aren't animals either.

They certainly are not animals! Animals do not kill for fun, they do not torture, they do not destroy everything they see, they care better for their children, some even wash their food before eating, they are forgiving and do not hold grudges etc. etc.. I have a lot more respect for animals.

The only way to solve some of the problems is by educating and being an example to the children. The children are the future - today's generation is already lost.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Indeed wildheart that was my point of view.

I know Ben, I can't actually describe in words what I think. I'm not a violent person. I've never hit anyone or anything - not even an inanimate object. But give me 10mins in a room with one of them and we'd see how big they were when faced with something other than a trusting, loyal, kind animal.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Man....things like that fill me with rage.

We are not talking about a farmer, who out of sheer pragmatism and necessary callousness becomes somewhat inured to any suffering of his livestock.

Deliberate cruelty is an abomination. I am not a proponent of animal rights, for many complicated intellectual reasons. However, when a human treats an innocent, defenseless creature like this, they give up their human race membership card. God gave us dominion over the animals, not the right to wantonly slaughter.

People like this should be publicly beaten. Often. Televised.

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
What in the world? What makes people tick like that, seriously? That's why I think animal cruelty should be punished with a harder sentence. Like Vick, the football player, that's now on our team, the Philadelphia Eagles. Yeah he "did his time" but those dogs can never have their lives back. And he's making millions playing football for OUR team. Repulsive.

Gshepdog

Aug 22, 2012
Massachusetts
Parrots
Dusty 35 y/o Orange Wing Amazon and Perrott 18 y/o Double Yellow Headed Amazon
Deal with on a daily basis. We do rescue dogs and there are lots of low lifes out there. My pets are never left alone in public. Not even my Shepherds.

My boss at the kennel has guns, a burglar alarm and motion sensors. You show up to break into the kennel to take a dog, you will be looking at the business end of 357 Magnum and the police will be on their way.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts