LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanks for the update Bill I’m praying with all my might that you get Timneh back!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sounds like you have a lot of help, that is wonderful!!! Hope to hear of good news soon.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I'm adding all of my prayers and Hope's and positive thoughts. I sure hope there is a happy ending to this post.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am praying so hard that you find her today, that's great news that you received a call possibly about her, shows the word is getting out there!
I hope the mosquitoes aren't too bad today.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
OMG! Just saw this! So sorry to hear this news. I hope you find her soon!

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
Oh Dear... *Hugs**

My heart and prayers go your way... **Hugs** I know the felling.

My baby Kise was gone missing.. THANKS to all members here with their helping hands that I got Kise back the next day.

I hope you get your baby back soon.

Don't give up like I was. Keep on praying/looking my Dear. *hugs**

**CHUUUUUUUUU**

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
No luck again today. Someone thought they saw her but I’m thinking she saw this neat looking dove I found while scouting the area. Could have been a different kind of bird but it was Timnehs size and color. Not sure where I’m going to look tomorrow no leads to follow up on. Going to put up more fliers around town. The weather has gotten better the cold rainy nights were really stressing me out. Don’t worry Wrench I went right back into the woods just a bit more well prepared. Going to go back to that area tomorrow probably. Had one bad phone call late last night. No caller id, I answer hello, the caller says I have your bird. I said really, like right now. Flabbergasted I didn’t know what to say the caller says nothing. I say do you have her where is she, caller says by the bike path and hangs up. Bike path is about 10 miles long I believe. I didn’t know what to think or do. Needless to say I lost a bit of sleep last night. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers we need them. I’m going to search everyday till I find her.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
It’s with a heavy heart and many tears that I tell you guys that Timneh made a mad dash for the door yesterday slamming into the door almost being crushed and skidded out onto the ground. It was very windy and she was startled and immediately flew up and over the house out of sight. I followed her whistling for several hours. Only to find a kid on his roof whistling back to me. I started to describe my parrot and he says immediately an african Grey. I’m pretty sure I made contact with her a couple hours after this wild goose chase but have not heard from her since it went dark last night. I have her cage outside and have posted on the neighborhood forums. The police know and I’m waiting for the pet stores to open to call them. I was hoping posting this while outside looking would make it easier but I can’t stop the tears.

Hi Bill,

Just wanted you to know that I have been following since your first posting. Didn't and still don't have any words to express how much I empathize with you. I cried with you...

Please come home Timneh...

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I wonder if you got some sort of karaoke machine and cranked up the volume whether that would amplify your voice louder so that she could hear you and fly to the sound. I don't know if she would hear electronic distortion or not, but if birds can recognize a voice over skype/face-time/the phone, I am guessing she would still be able to tell it was you through the mic/speakers.

I used to put a karaoke machine in my open window and turn the volume up. People could hear it all the way across the street without any effort on my part...Mine was used as part of a prank, but I'm thinking this idea could work for you with the right speakers.

A drone is another possibility, but that could get expensive/complicated...

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I wonder if you got some sort of karaoke machine and cranked up the volume whether that would amplify your voice louder so that she could hear you and fly to the sound. I don't know if she would hear electronic distortion or not, but if birds can recognize a voice over skype/face-time/the phone, I am guessing she would still be able to tell it was you through the mic/speakers.

I used to put a karaoke machine in my open window and turn the volume up. People could hear it all the way across the street without any effort on my part...Mine was used as part of a prank, but I'm thinking this idea could work for you with the right speakers.

A drone is another possibility, but that could get expensive/complicated...

Great idea :smile049:
Or a Megaphone? Maybe you could borrow one from a local school or Police Station?

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Well that was heartbreaking and angering. Some kid said he had Timneh. There were holes in the story and he blocked his phone number. Needless to say i still had to try so I tried to meet up with this kid. Called me when i got to the skate park. So i’m pretty sure he was watching. Said he couldn’t see me couldn’t find me guess he should just keep my bird. Says she has a broken leg. then he says he doesn’t want to keep her and he should call the humane society. Or maybe he should just let her go. It was all very bizarre and dis-heartening. I asked if he could send me a picture so i could make sure that it was in fact my bird. he says you can tell that from a picture i said yes I believe I can. I asked him to describe her he said you don’t know what your bird looks like. I said I do but you said she was hurt and I wondered about her feathers. He said something about her having black on her back or something and i was like in my head we are done. The. proceeded to make sure I didn’t have his phone number and hung up. Like i said bizarre and just plain stupid. I guess this is the downside of the fliers. Also more news the couple of tips I had gotten ended up being an Amazon screaming for Roger out his window. i was given two steeets by two people but both said he was yelling for roger. Back to ground zero. Trying to ramp up her search on facebook and what not. printing more fliers. Praying someone sees her. Even better if I. an see her myself. I miss my baby, and good people are still out there looking.

Last edited:
OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I don’t know who’s been to vermont before but every street is lined with trees. So many pockets of forest. I came across a whole homeless community i never knew existed the other day. Hidden back in some trees.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Well that was heartbreaking and angering. Some kid said he had Timneh. There were holes in the story and he blocked his phone number. Needless to say i still had to try so I tried to meet up with this kid. Called me when i got to the skate park. So i’m pretty sure he was watching. Said he couldn’t see me couldn’t find me guess he should just keep my bird. Says she has a broken leg. then he says he doesn’t want to keep her and he should call the humane society. Or maybe he should just let her go. It was all very bizarre and dis-heartening. I asked if he could send me a picture so i could make sure that it was in fact my bird. he says you can tell that from a picture i said yes I believe I can. I asked him to describe her he said you don’t know what your bird looks like. I said I do but you said she was hurt and I wondered about her feathers. He said something about her having black on her back or something and i was like in my head we are done. The. proceeded to make sure I didn’t have his phone number and hung up. Like i said bizarre and just plain stupid. I guess this is the downside of the fliers. Also more news the couple of tips I had gotten ended up being an Amazon screaming for Roger out his window. i was given two steeets by two people but both said he was yelling for roger. Back to ground zero. Trying to ramp up her search on facebook and what not. printing more fliers. Praying someone sees her. Even better if I. an see her myself. I miss my baby, and good people are still out there looking.

What a little sociopath.

I am sorry :(
Don't give up!

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.

Kid trying to scam you out of money and testing the waters, to see what he can get, or set you up to meet him, so he, or a group can rob you. They test as they know you looking for your bird and will likely pay to get the bird back and figure your a easy target and hope you meet with cash on you to rob you. Any legitimate person would be able to send you picture and won't hide number, even if they are after the money and do have the bird.

Hopefully your get a honest person, or rescue that find the bird and just call you without expecting anything back in return.

Tell that kid to F off and do know how to reverse trace a number, even if it is private and trace what tower he use to make phone call and can even clone the phone. If only your were in my area that kid would be screwed.

Don't give up and just ignore these idiots. Hoping for the best for you.

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh Bill my heart is with you and Timneh. Praying she finds her way back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’m so sorry to hear you’re going thru this bill. Situations like this certainly bring out the best in some people but the worst in others! I wish ParrotGenie lived in your area too just quietly...

Don’t give up looking, Timneh is out there somewhere!

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
I’ve just caught up with this thread, I’m so sorry you are going through this, I can’t inagine how you must be feeling. Don’t give up, stay strong. He’s probably off having a fun adventure, and you’ll find him soon!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry you are going through this, what that kid did is terrible.
I hope the next call you receive is on the up and up, and that you are soon reunited with Timneh.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Misfortune can bring out the worst in some idiots, that punk is a worthless loser. But for every one of his kind there are tons of helpful and respectful folks who would gladly share information.

You are right, Vermont is a beautifully wooded state. Gives Timneh places to hide safely. Hopefully she'll become curious and more vocal. Nothing like the sound of a grey!

Most Reactions

Latest posts