To all rescuers...

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Whether you rescue one, or hundreds... here's a little Winter Valentine from me and SuperMod Terry57.

We had a mutual inspiration as we were chatting about rescue work, and what a beautiful thing it is. She parodied the Liberty poem, and I couldn't resist a quick illustration.

4wFOoti.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Bahaha! That is priceless! Funny & touching all at the same time...See, I knew you would do a better job than I would have.
The illustration is adorable!

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Words of Inspiration! Words of Definition! Words of Joyful Understanding! Words of Warmth and the Promise of a For-Ever-Home!

Well Said!!! And, Thank-you! for placing here!

"The reward is the quiet development of yet another Wonderful place in one's Heart!!! The measure of a person is not in their deeds, but the size of their Larger and Wonderful Heart!" Words of Wisdom from a Former President of the Amazon Society, America. I thank her everyday for her inspiration! Provided without permission, but I know that she would not have minded!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
[emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Y'all's beautiful.
Very proud to know you all.

Pureblood

Feb 6, 2017
Media
Parrots
3 lovebirds (Max, Zloba & Zora)
(Pika, lovebird, RIP 11/2017) & 2 budgies (Picek & Njofra)
:heart: :heart: :heart: So many wonderful people in this forum, helping birds in need!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ralph Waldo Emerson — 'To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.'

This is so beautiful, Don.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
For a few weeks now i have been a volunteer at a parrot rescue. Evrery day before i work i drive 30 minutes.i clean out cages,refresh water and food bowls and recently made bird toys for the less fortunate. The owner needs so much help..and i feel guilty when im not there. To anyone wanting to donate their time,i would suggest it. Ive become more at peace with myself and found that helping out has eased the pain of losing gabby at christmas. Even though ive been bit in the face and hand more than once...i cant stay away..i love this place. Just thought id share.

Most Reactions

Latest posts