Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTCpshm3jmY&feature=g-upl]Flight Training Macaw - YouTube[/ame]

click this link for my video- when I try to add it as a an attachment it doesn't work :(
Mind my clothes, hair and puffy eyes- I slept in late and had to be at church o=in 30 minutes,a s well as train Erin- hey nobody wakes up with their outfit, hair and make up already done :)

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
THANK YOU for that video. but did you start training like that with no harness and outside. o and did you have 2 red front macaws or is that the same one that pass away. sorry if u didnt want me to ask you dont have to answer

OP
MaraWentz

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Elvis, had not a chance to fly lol He tried and always landed with a thud. He couldn't fly if his life depended on it lol. Poor thing... that's Erin, my new RFM from April. The one that was practically wild and quite the biter- now training to fly, waving on command, stepping up, being pet, etc.

We did try a harness outside, but she had no interest in flying then and would just eat the harness. I wold use it now, but I see no reason to as why I need it since she doesnt fly away and I see it just getting in the way and tangling us up.

I did the training outside, just because there's more room and the distractions are constant and not changing (tv to no tv, cat on stand-no cat in room). She can expect, birds, people, and cars, no matter what (we live in a small town). After the video and we went on with her training she id excellent and just stopped because there were three hawks circling above and getting closer :( That makes it difficult.

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
ok but thanks for the vid.. but yea i hear the cars in the background. sounds like it right be hide the camera guy

Most Reactions