Trusted websites for buy bird stuff

Ephy

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Parrots
A 4 year old House Sparrow named Kiwi and a 22 year old dove named Baby
Hey

Can anyone recommend some trusted websites for buying bird toys, toys parts(rattan balls, crinkle shred paperbird) foods/treats, health/ stuff that delivers to Canada?

Other than, thingsforwings? Great site, but I am looking for more options.

Thanks!

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I've ordered from Bonka Bird Toys based in Florida and they had a great selection of toys, swings, perches and more.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I called ABirdToy.com and spoke with the owner-- they seem legit and keep all of their toys in a warehouse/separate air-space from their pet birds. They also mention zinc-free on the website. I haven't bought from them, but they seem very legit in many respects. It is unfortunate that they sell snuggle huts, as those are a huge killer of birds...but other than that...

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My Safe Bird Stire , yep that’s the name! And they are awesome! Recommend to be from Bill another member here I have order several times from them! They always include little extra presents

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I don't know whether they Do or Don't deliver to Canada. But I highly Highly recommend "Avian Naturals."

https://aviannaturals.com/store/

They have bird toys, and supplies to make bird toys, and more importantly they have dehydrated / dried chop (aka "cage mixes") https://aviannaturals.com/store/parrot-food-natural
in various forms and also in create-your-own-mix options. It can be rehydrated to serve (which the birdies love), or served dry (which they also like just fine)

Also they sell treats - bread mixes - etc.

The dehydrated food if you are hungry you might be tempted to cook & serve serve for yourself...

(fyi --my ONLY association with them is that a few months back some friends of mine recommended them - for toys! - and I've been happily ordering veggie & bean mixes from them ever since.)

Last edited:
OP
E

Ephy

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Parrots
A 4 year old House Sparrow named Kiwi and a 22 year old dove named Baby
I called ABirdToy.com and spoke with the owner-- they seem legit and keep all of their toys in a warehouse/separate air-space from their pet birds....

This is a great point, one I hadnt fully considered until recently actually.

Bird toys potentially exposed to or being around other birds could carry alot of risks, mites, diseases etc!

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if the toy you get was one that was returned. Could have been sitting untouched in a birds cage before being returned!

What a nightmare.

Do you guys quarantine or "treat" new toys before introducing them to your birds?

How can you tell if they are safe?

Cycletim

Mar 22, 2020
Ventura, California
Parrots
Jasper Congo African Grey,
Grover Red bellied parrot RIP 10/20,
Red bellied parrot Rheya
Bonka is great and has weekly specials. I order them direct from their website.

Most Reactions

Latest posts