Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Oh! Is it a light fury? Looks like one! 😍
Nope but close - it's a light night. I redesigned this species a bit and in my version they are mostly white (but not full white like light furies)
Hey, I know that dragon's brother! He was the one that had the damaged tail!! Movie Star if I recall correctly! :love:
Actually he is supposed to be a very far descendant of the dragon you know ;)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
My first reference sheet
Natalie sheet.jpg

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Originally I wanted to give up drawing few times (and I did it few times!)... I think I went too far and now this won't happen again so fast... because well... I decided to take part in an art game which lasts one month.
At the beginning I had many doubts if to join or not but when longer I was considering, I thought it is even more cool - so I did it (the image from my previous post was made for the game side). Basically the rules are simple - draw another person's character

The game started on Saturday and now I think it was a good decision. This will result me making the art video longer but I don't care... otherwise I see only positive points

The game rules forbid reusing poses so now I'm forced making own ones - normally I'm lazy and I often do very simple redraws. So maybe now I will be less lazy... and maybe new poses will be easier to draw for me
My last entry was some sort of double challenge for me - because I rarely draw dinosaurs and the character's creator has very simple art (I think they are a kid because it looks like a kid drawings) so I had to "invert" it to higher quality (well, everyone draws in the way they are able)
rapyor.png

It's not a very good art but still "higher quality". TBH I was surprised how I shaded her feet (now I think I could make her hands much better, they look so bad)
Credit: Airzone Raptor (dino above) belongs to PrehistoricPrincess from Tumblr
And as a result... not only this helps me developing my skills... but I also got the first fanarts of my characters :) Currently I have 3 of them, two of them are available to view in public - if you want to see them, here are the links: https://www.deviantart.com/longlivethespix/art/Casey-969960165

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Because glaucous macaws don't have human versions, I decided to add the masked version (I know that it is bad designed but I won't change it)

Casey.jpg

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Nope but close - it's a light night. I redesigned this species a bit and in my version they are mostly white (but not full white like light furies)
I've been considering changing its name to "white light night" to difference this kind from the "real" night lights

Meantime I was bored and I was trying to design a deadly nadder character but I don't really like it. Probably it's not final design.

1691424449536.png

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Dragon again...
It's called as "featherhide" - I like its idea but I don't really like how creators designed the feathers. I was considering doing a redesign - at first I was considering replacing all scales with feathers but then I decided to stay close the original design, just trying to make the feathers more realistic - but of course I can't draw realistic....
I found an early design concept which had more feathers on its head and I decided to do it too

featherhide TD.png

I think the feathers on its head worked well but I messed tail feathers:p

(for anyone who wonders how it looks like originally: https://howtotrainyourdragon.fandom.com/wiki/Featherhide_(species) and yes, I used this pose because I'm a beginner when it comes to drawing dragons)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As always a joy to spend time looking at the details that just keep popping!

With four legs, is it possible to reduce their thickness a bit as your flyer appears a bit heavy in the legs.

A joy as always!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Dragon again...
It's called as "featherhide" - I like its idea but I don't really like how creators designed the feathers. I was considering doing a redesign - at first I was considering replacing all scales with feathers but then I decided to stay close the original design, just trying to make the feathers more realistic - but of course I can't draw realistic....
I found an early design concept which had more feathers on its head and I decided to do it too

View attachment 53854
I think the feathers on its head worked well but I messed tail feathers:p

(for anyone who wonders how it looks like originally: https://howtotrainyourdragon.fandom.com/wiki/Featherhide_(species) and yes, I used this pose because I'm a beginner when it comes to drawing dragons)
I think you did very well with the tail feathers! Very cool stuff :D.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Trying a new way of drawing
81159c47-b1b1-4990-a04a-d4f0f463680e.png

I think that since now, all non-cartoon parrots I will be drawing like this - I think it's a bit better.
"Trying some art - your fids" thread is still open, I just will be continuing in a different way

I just realized that I forgot to do the wing tips below the perch... I don't care

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Enjoyable as always!!

Drawing the big Mac's require that the artist draws the face and bill large than and the tail longer than what seems correct.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol, why did I discover how to use functions I wanted to use before so late? I mean - I already know how to make invisible background... if I knew it before, my mini-comics would like a bit better (or at least they would be easier to make). Anyway, I don't need it now...
Recently I don't really draw and write, maybe because I've seen videos about a guy I know from another forum and now I'm a bit afraid of people who look for such "lolcows" to make fun at them (I hope to not be a "lolcow")
However today I made another drawing - according to my calculations today it's 10th year since I thought up this stupid story (don't ask how I calculated it - I remember tiny thing which helped me), so I made a "poster" for it, despite it's not even written.
View attachment 40094
It's not good because I'm terrible in drawing parrots in flight.
Ps. Also, it is the first drawing for this story series ever made just for this forum

Also, it may be my last drawing. I don't know if I will be drawing yet. I'm just feelin' that I'm doing wrong things.... I feel like I never should mention "The Talking Parrots" or "Parrot Land". It's just my silly brain. Some people have good stories but not me.
OMG, I didn't remember that I made art on the 10th anniversary of this au :oops:
(I thought all the time that I ignored this date, lol)

Anyway, randomly I reminded this art because I just finished drawing another "poster" of this au - both of them originally were in my mind on the earliest beginning of its creating - 2 years ago I chose the version above because it was much easier - I didn't feel ready to draw the version with... all "11 original" parrots ("original" because now the squad is a bit different). But recently suddenly I felt ready and did it - it took me one week
TP1.png

It still isn't high quality but better style comparing to the 2022 version

Most Reactions