Trying some art

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yes, I fully agree!! I have been totally enjoying your art and comics, plus fully understood the masks.
Imposter
View attachment 46604
I made shapes a bit wrong, I always have problems with proportions during creating own poses
They are still quite good. I wouldnโ€™t worry about it. I always do revisions if my art anyway. It is easy to make mistakes or have an awkward line.

P.s. I AM sorry I didnโ€™t understand about the masks. But I really didnโ€™t. I just thought those were different animals with only eyes and no mouth/beak.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Heather - nothing happened, you weren't the only confused person to not understand the mask thing and I fully understand, I often share art without any context (my last art is shared without the context too)
Even today one confused person asked me if it's really a mask and I'm not surprised because this really is barely visible

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
My last 2022 art:
full

My first 2023 art:
dflwuil-a281a018-9c27-4b6c-9dfb-891cd77ee8fa.png

And as bonus - the latest art:
full

For the last two characters I used Blu's from Rio pose, so here's visible art with own pose vs "stolen" pose.

Recently I do it a lot, I just don't post everything in this thread, I'm drawing literally all the characters of The Lost Island story.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thanks!

I usually don't post non-bird art here but thought I will this time...
It's the first time when I drew something basing on my night dream - human Natalie flying on a dragon. I know, this sounds crazy but I felt I needed to draw it๐Ÿ˜†
IMG_20230108_192529.png

I don't remember many details from it but in general there was created an alternate version of the human au... But honestly I don't remind anything if she still had parrots or just the dragon.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It is common for Humans, especially when they are young to dream about flying, whether themselves or with a flying creature, including dragons.
They are most common as a transition from falling dreams as one's mind over-comes that fear using any number of paths, including flying.

Thank You!! for your art, always enjoy it!!

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
๐ŸŒดโ˜€๏ธFlorida, USAโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒด
Parrots
๐ŸŒŸ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝใ€˜F Lutino Budgieใ€™๐ŸŒŸ
โœˆ๏ธ ๐™…๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™งใ€˜M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakarikiใ€™โœˆ๏ธ
I understand... Coloring is a whole different skill in and of itself! It's a good cartoon, honestly. With color, start lightly, slowly and gently, and try to sculpt the shape of what you're coloring. Coloring the head, you'd basically want to color in a circle, like tracing the inside of the line, slowly and carefully getting to the center.

Also shading/coloring in one direction and not changing directions works, like ////// <--- slanted lines like that can work. Color harder and go over it more for the darker areas, and softer for lighter.

Also, stopping while you're coloring to assess how it looks can help you figure it out as well. It takes time and practice, but I think it's still amazing!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
It is common for Humans, especially when they are young to dream about flying, whether themselves or with a flying creature, including dragons.
They are most common as a transition from falling dreams as one's mind over-comes that fear using any number of paths, including flying.

Thank You!! for your art, always enjoy it!!

Just a small note: this Natalie wasn't me, I was just "watching" this stuff.
But in general I often have this kind of dreams, usually as a parrot๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Aussie but I don't want to be so good art. It's easy to write what to do but in practice it's too hard

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Just a small note: this Natalie wasn't me, I was just "watching" this stuff.
But in general I often have this hind of dreams, usually as a parrot๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Aussie but I don't want to be so good art. It's easy to write what to do but in practice it's too hard
I would love to have a dream where I was a parrot! That sounds great.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I know, it looks weird without context
2e13a9bc-f74f-4fb4-b6e7-00fd6cceef1d.png

This time a different mask, even a bit of beak is visible

Edit: I just realized I forgot to draw a scabbard ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Interesting long knife, clearly things are changing on the Island.
Great Art as always, didn't notice the lack of a scabbard was looking at the eyes!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thanks.

It was supposed to be a sword, not a knife;)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thanks.

It was supposed to be a sword, not a knife;)
Oh, sorry!! The scalloped edge near the handle had lead me to the identification of a long knife (sometimes referred to as a working knife). Long knifes are highly versatile as they can be used as a close combat tool and engage earlier /closer than a sword, but lack the high-speed abilities of a sword. Regardless, it would not have effected the storyline.

Most Reactions