Two More Big Macs coming...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
So it appears that we have settled the lawsuit against the lady that poisoned my flock... this being Texas, you are limited to "replacement value" as a recovery.

You can't really put a "replacement value" on something as irreplaceable as my flock was to me...

I put a deposit down on two big macs, and as soon as the settlement funds, I'll be picking up a greenwing and a shamrock. And just like that, we're back to six.

Unless I find the female eckie... then it will be seven.

Difference being my old flock was well trained. My new flock? Notsomuch...

Work in progress...

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So it appears that we have settled the lawsuit against the lady that poisoned my flock... this being Texas, you are limited to "replacement value" as a recovery.

You can't really put a "replacement value" on something as irreplaceable as my flock was to me...

I put a deposit down on two big macs, and as soon as the settlement funds, I'll be picking up a greenwing and a shamrock. And just like that, we're back to six.

Unless I find the female eckie... then it will be seven.

Difference being my old flock was well trained. My new flock? Notsomuch...

Work in progress...
Those of us who joined PF recently would love to know what happened to your flock.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Those of us who joined PF recently would love to know what happened to your flock.
My elderly mother was in a nursing home, and I wasn't having that... so I brought her home to live with me.

I hired a caregiving agency and gave them explicit instructions regarding what NOT to do around parrots, including Teflon protocols. My mother's caregiver turned out to be shall we say, less than rational. We got into it one day about "boundary issues" with her. She got POed at me, so she stuck a teflon coated pan in the oven, cranked the oven up to high, and four and a half hours later called me at work to let me know my birds were dying...

These were my babies. My oldest bird was 47. They were out and about trained go everywhere, love everyone birds. Two of my birds spoke in context. That was 20 years worth of training...

I educated this lady on how NOT to kill my birds, and instead, gave her a blueprint on how to do one of the most vicious things anyone could possibly do to me.

Then the caregiving agency said, Oooops... Not our problem.

Needless to say I fired them, hired an attorney and sued them.

However, I live in Texas, where pets have no legal value beyond the cash you paid for them. That's just how the law works here.

And no, the authorities did NOTHING about the animal cruelty complaint.. NOTHING!

I am still a bit bitter and angry about it. It's taken me quite awhile to get to this point in the grieving process.

This wasn't an accident. She wasn't even cooking anything! This was 100% pure hate...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My elderly mother was in a nursing home, and I wasn't having that... so I brought her home to live with me.

I hired a caregiving agency and gave them explicit instructions regarding what NOT to do around parrots, including Teflon protocols. My mother's caregiver turned out to be shall we say, less than rational. We got into it one day about "boundary issues" with her. She got POed at me, so she stuck a teflon coated pan in the oven, cranked the oven up to high, and four and a half hours later called me at work to let me know my birds were dying...

These were my babies. My oldest bird was 47. They were out and about trained go everywhere, love everyone birds. Two of my birds spoke in context. That was 20 years worth of training...

I educated this lady on how NOT to kill my birds, and instead, gave her a blueprint on how to do one of the most vicious things anyone could possibly do to me.

However, I live in Texas, where pets have no legal value beyond the cash you paid for them. That's just how the law works here.

And no, the authorities did NOTHING about the animal cruelty complaint.. NOTHING!

I am still a bit bitter and angry about it. It's taken me quite awhile to get to this point in the grieving process.

This wasn't an accident. She wasn't even cooking anything! This was 100% pure hate...
Mark, this is horrifying. The last I knew was that you weren't sure what happened. How did you find out what she'd done? Did she admit it?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Such pure EVIL!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Mark, I remain heartbroken for you over your devastating losses - to know it was deliberate is quite unfathomably awful, I don't know if I would ever be able to get past something so horrible. But I'm glad you're doing a bit better now and it's good to have you back.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
What you faced in Texas, sadly is not an exception as most all States view pets as 'property' and cost at purchase or replacement cost occurs.

Happy that you are putting your life back together. Yes, it will never be where you were. But the new members will slowly incorporate you style with their personalities.

Cheers, and Welcome Back Good Friend!

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
I admire that you can take on so many kinda all at once. There is the sweetest moustache parakeet at a bird store, but I feel like three birds would be more than I could juggle right now. As I have one that is a wild child and the other is clingy...LOL

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mark, this is horrifying. The last I knew was that you weren't sure what happened. How did you find out what she'd done? Did she admit it?
She freakin' called me up and TAUNTED ME with the fact that my birds were dying while I was at work...

To lose them was heartbreaking. To lose them that way?!

I was trying to give my mother her best life. And in the process mine was destroyed... because that evil woman didn't like being given rules to follow.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I admire that you can take on so many kinda all at once. There is the sweetest moustache parakeet at a bird store, but I feel like three birds would be more than I could juggle right now. As I have one that is a wild child and the other is clingy...LOL
I volunteered at a place that had 425 birds. And another that had around 75. So I pretty much worked with everything, and at the time I had 11 of my own. So.... it kinda becomes second nature. I have rarely been without bird in the past quarter of a century, and it's usually at least two at a time...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah.

Her story under oath was that she intended to bake biscuits for my mother, and then got distracted and forgot that the oven was on.

Three problems with that story. (1) my mother doesn't eat biscuits for breakfast, (2) when cooking biscuits, do you put the tray in the oven with NO BUSCUITS ON IT and pre-heat the tray, or do you pre-heat the oven, put the biscuits on the tray, and then cook them? (3) There were no biscuits in the house, so what biscuits did you intend to cook? Did you bring them from home?!

WTF do you think I do for a living lady?!

Yeah it became readily apparent to everyone that she was a psychopath and a liar...

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Yeah.

Her story under oath was that she intended to bake biscuits for my mother, and then got distracted and forgot that the oven was on.

Three problems with that story. (1) my mother doesn't eat biscuits for breakfast, (2) when cooking biscuits, do you put the tray in the oven with NO BUSCUITS ON IT and pre-heat the tray, or do you pre-heat the oven, put the biscuits on the tray, and then cook them? (3) There were no biscuits in the house, so what biscuits did you intend to cook? Did you bring them from home?!

Yeah it became readily apparent to everyone that she was a psychopath and a liar...
So sorry that you went through all of this!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Such pure EVIL!

She freakin' called me up and TAUNTED ME with the fact that my birds were dying while I was at work...

To lose them was heartbreaking. To lose them that way?!

I was trying to give my mother her best life. And in the process mine was destroyed... because that evil woman didn't like being given rules to follow.
This would bring out my hidden "evil twin" and make me want to do Very Bad Things to her!

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
I would have unseamed her from th' nave to the chops.

Wouldn't that be justifiable in a court of law??

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I would have unseamed her from th' nave to the chops.

Wouldn't that be justifiable in a court of law??
Nope.

That would be a life sentence. And even though I'm not as pretty as I once was, I am still far to pretty for prison...

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Yeah.

And this is a person that is being paid to care for other people??

I want to take one or two of my Fids up to Oregon when I visit my father but I don't and can't trust my stepmother not to pull something like this "by accident" .

Did the agency at least fire her ?

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
She wanted to be fired...

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
She wanted to be fired...
I don’t know what to say.
Other than I have a certain belief in karma.
And I will be placing this person on my :poop: list.

There was this guy in HS. Started out friends ended up enemies.
Not proud of it but every morning I would wish he would….
Stop breathing.
after I graduated HS my mother sent a newspaper clipping announcing he died in a RR/car accident.
As bad as he was he didn’t deserve that.

This “care giver “ doesn’t deserve anything so ….. clean and
abrupt.

Last edited:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I have heard from friends who have worked in care facilities that that line of work can attract some really scary, controlling, sociopathic people. The truly empathetic folks burn out fast and hard, but the ones who just don’t build up an emotional attachment or who aren’t capable of empathy hang around…

Not to say all carers are bad mind you, I have friends in the industry, but for those with ill intentions, the disabled and elderly make good targets. :cry:

I am so sorry this happened to you, but I am so relieved to see you around again. Every time I read your stickied posts I’d worry about you! I can’t wait to see your new babies once you sort out the picture uploading thing!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I don’t know what to say.
Other than I have a certain belief in karma.
And I will be placing this person on my :poop: list.

There was this guy in HS. Started out friends ended up enemies.
Not proud of it but every morning I would wish he would….
Stop breathing.
after I graduated HS my mother sent a newspaper clipping announcing he died in a RR/car accident.iron iron Ă®
As bad as ill î was he didn’t deserve that.loolo

This “care giver “ doesn’t deserve anything so ….. clean and
abrupt.
That evil person deserves to be gagged and tied to a chair and have someone somehow poison the air (how many overheated Teflon pans to kill a person?). Mixing bleach and ammonia in a gallon bucket, setting it near the person and leaving them to die seems fair to me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts