Two new old budgies back home!

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
4 Budgerigars, 1 Kakariki
Got a story to tell. :O Today we got a call from mom's workplace and we went to pick up the budgies I had given them. One of the residents isn't getting the "Don't play with the birds!" part and has been messing around with them. By some accounts he even may have been shaking them and such. I didn't give them these birds to be messed with, so back home they are!

The older one is my own late girl's baby boy Blue. I had given him away when he was a baby to my aunt along with his sister. She wasn't really responsible with them and let them have babies. In the bottom of the cage. One day I went to check out their latest clutch (they had babies at repetition... Sigh) and I noticed there was blood on the perch. Blue's claw was bleeding. I warned my mother and aunt that I believed he was getting beaten up by his sister and they shrugged it off.

Well one morning I got woken up by my mother saying we had to go pick him up ASAP because he had been massacred. When we got there my aunt had taken him out of the cage and put him in a plastic cup with tissues. The poor guy was in REALLY terrible shape. Missing feathers, blood all over, a mauled wing, his claws were just beaten to an undescribable pulp. They told me to just let "nature take its course" but I decided to take him to the vet instead. We had him on medicine and he ended up pulling through. He's got a lot of toes missing but he's still alive today. :)

I had given him away last time because when his mama died, all hell sorta broke loose. She was keeping law and order and now Pat (the mate) and Godzilla (the older son) were having REALLY nasty fights over who would get Blue's attention. And it happened that at the same time, a neighbor came over to my house and asked me if I wanted her budgie cuz she was sick of him. So I took Blue and Gus (I knew the new guy was healthy, I've been seeing him all the time) and isolated them in my room and then moved them away the same week. They were instantly happy and snuggy with each other.

Looking at them go today, they seem really all happy. I wanted to keep a small quarantine but even though it's been months, Blue had recognized the place and wouldn't stand still. He instantly jumped to his mama's old cage where he was born and where the other two are. The other two accepted Gus. There's been no fight, they group together and chat as a bunch and then return to their own cages. Now I got all my four boys happy and healthy. :greenyellow::whiteblue::whiteblue::greenyellow:

And Pixel the Kakariki is staring at the newbies going "OH NO THERE'S MORE OF THEM."

OP
Irissama

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
Well here's a video I just uploaded of them!
(Blue is the one with his back turned, the other one is Gus.)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIEHs-1e04"]YouTube - ‪Blue and Gus‬‏[/ame]

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They're soooo cute!!!!! I'm glad you have them now! I'm picking two up Thursday, the lady wanted them gone badly....They're not friendly but it doesn't matter since they're going in the aviary once they're ready. We just like watching them play, sing, dance, and be silly. They'll have my existing two keets and Cockatiels as their new buddies.

OP
Irissama

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
These fellahs here don't like humans much either. They get on your finger but it's evident it's because you force them to. Blue is understandable, he was friendly when I gave him away as a baby but had been secluded in a small cage with his sister back then. The neighbor's.... He was tame but was more interested in the DOGS than the owner. :D

But yea, what is important is that they can just be budgies now and go in the playgym. The spare cage I had is very small for two budgies (even for one it wouldn't be much) so I'm gonna have to figure out what to do. I wish I would've been able to buy the cage they had already over there, it was a largeish thing, but there's another cage in the place that was broken so they used it as a replacement.

Anything is better than staying over at that place though. They're free to go around and socialize. I would've been fine for them to stay in a cage for the rest of their lives since it would've entertained elders and that's most important... But if the staff isn't responsible enough to give them proper care and find a way to lock the cages and keep them safe well, no thanks I'll keep them home! And I would've brought their other budgies back home too if they would've been mine!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
For me I would of taken them regardless if they let me...lol.

OP
Irissama

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
Well 6 budgies would've been too much. Lol.

OP
Irissama

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
True true but it's incredible how much noise level is hidden in those little cherubs. I'm full at 4. :p They're being a handfull. And those other two were girls, so I'd add a LOT of problems between the bachelors I think.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
True true but it's incredible how much noise level is hidden in those little cherubs. I'm full at 4. :p They're being a handfull. And those other two were girls, so I'd add a LOT of problems between the bachelors I think.

Cherubs! Mwahahaha!!!! We started using that word after watching that movie "All about Steve" I used to have about 20 of those little cherubs!!! I don't mind them too bad but yes when they all sing together, its loud....

OP
Irissama

Irissama

Feb 11, 2011
Parrots
Oh I mean cherubs in a perfectly sarcastic way. :p They're naughty boys.

Most Reactions

Latest posts