Two Years....

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
Everyone, it has been two years this week since I got my little green cheek conure - JellyBean - from a local pet store. I walked in to buy dog food and saw his cheeky little face in the corner. I had never been a bird owner, never even knew someone who had a parrot. In a moment of craziness, I bought him - cage, food, toys and everything - and took him home - frightened out of my wits.

He was clipped but decided early on that I would leave his feathers grow, so I got the unbelievable pleasure of him figuring out his wings - flying up and down and around corners!! Then his first words - JellyBean; Baby and Love you!! Was just magic...

Went through diet changes (he was on a complete seed diet); to exploring all the veg and fruit he likes. Even converted him to Harrisons pellets! A struggle.. Went through the first big molt! Feathers everywhere... His first power shower..

What can I say; JellyBean has been the greatest thing ever. I never realised the affection, the smartness, the individualism that these precious birds have..

JellyBean says THANK YOU to all the forum members who have helped us though our first years together!

Aww love your story!! It's amazing how birds..or animals in general can change your life.

Such a sweet, touching story, thank you for sharing! Congrats on two wonderful years together.

Great to hear! I love stories like this. May you have many more warm and wonderful years with your parrot!

I'm so happy for you and for Jelly Bean!

I never thought I could love a bird as much as I love Skittles. I would die for him, no question. He is my whole world.

Congrats on two years with Jelly Bean!!!!!! :)

I remember your pet shop story. That was just about the time I joined the group. So cool! glad Jellybean has been great for you. The past two years for us with Sheldon has had it's challenges but for the most part they have been great!

Great to hear about you and jellybean's 2 year anniversary. Lets hope for another great year. :D

Absolutely love this story, keep us updated on little JellyBean! Here's to many, many more years!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back